• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
About 48c. I am not limited by heat sadly. The card peaks at 2115 on a scan but it wasn't stable at the voltage so I dropped it back to 2100.

Q4BCy7G.jpg

I could void the warranty and install the naughty VBIOS but it's not my main rig. It just needs to be totally stable. It's fast enough, let's put it that way.

Just extract ur vbio and send it to evga and share it with them, and ask them to maximize your performance.

Soldato
BTW guys this is not limited to crap cards with crap phases. What I mean is, it seems to be a combination of a poor die and poor phases. My friend has a 3080 Gigabyte OC (one with the poor phases) yet he has been clocking its balls off all day and it's been fine. 2020mhz in Port Royal no issues.

So I suspect it's just a combination of bad phases and bad dies, or just literally bad dies. It may not be power related at all.

Edit. Yeah, Gigabyte 3080 OC (one of the cards Jay said has cheap phases on) and he has been getting 2020mhz out of it with no stability issues.

I suspect it's not the phases it's just the crap dies. Thing is how do you prove it? just pop the die off a card with crap phases and put it on another one with good ones?

I knew that Nvidia would get the lion's share of good dies out of this, and every one else would have to deal with the rest. That's why I knew before launch day not to trust the reviews and wait for actual reviews on actual cards. Problem is what company in their right mind is going to send a crap bin out for review? LOL they will just tell the reviewer to hold off until they send a card that can hold its clocks.

Last edited:
Soldato
At the end of the day, whether the AIB boards are cheaping out or not, the fact is those using cheaper capacitors, what else have they cheaped out on, that's the problem. Even if this isn't the problems which proabby is, by differing from reference is dodgy... hey ho, it probably happens all the time... but does worry people in what they're now buying

However EVGA has confirmed so... cheaping out causing problems, mental

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/evga-nvidia-rtx-3080-capacitor-caused-crashes

Associate
At the end of the day, whether the AIB boards are cheaping out or not, the fact is those using cheaper capacitors, what else have they cheaped out on, that's the problem. Even if this isn't the problems which proabby is, by differing from reference is dodgy... hey ho, it probably happens all the time... but does worry people in what they're now buying

However EVGA has confirmed so... cheaping out causing problems, mental

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/news/evga-nvidia-rtx-3080-capacitor-caused-crashes
Real 'cheaping out' is giving you a bad warranty and a lousy RMA/support experience.

Soldato
NVIDIA marketing has you.

Lets overcharge massively for the 10 and 20 series and suckers will still pay it.

When we charge £650 which is stupidly expensive for a GPU will seem like a bargain and even have the mindset to pay more..

I quoted my literal hands on experience of both the 2080ti and the 3080 and you bang on about marketing?

I'm now playing at 4k. Had the 1080ti. It was struggling in some games. With the 3080 I don't even have to think about settings. It's fully max all the time, every game, even with ray tracing in the games I got that support it.

And looking at the price, yeah £650 to the average Joe is still a pricy bit of kit. But it seems to be of good enough value for many people to part with their money.

HcTUqnf.jpg

I don't blame them, the price per frame at 4k on the RTX 3080 is one of the very best and the frame rate you get is one of the highest and most satisfying at that resolution.

The release in terms of supply has been a **** show and some of the limited supply in the wild seems to have its issues but my experience of using it is, it's definitely worth the wait. The performance level you get from it is incredible.

Soldato
That RTX 3080 20GB can't be that far away .. AMD's prospect is peaking my interest too.. Too much new tech coming out this year !! xD

NVIDIA-RTX-3060-Ti-Feature-740x326.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Back
Top Bottom