• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Associate
As I patiently await my AORUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 XTREME, I am keeping an eye out for just how much of a clock vs say the Strix OC this card will have.

It's getting a little unnerving that Auros claimed shipping week 1 October and as this Thursday is 1st october, Im still looking for the Mzh they will be getting from such a premium card with such a huge cooling solution.

So Auros website has be "TBD" for weeks, today I notice they have just outright removed the Core Mhz and "TBD" its just not even listed anymore......

Discuss (as thats all we have to do until stock actually arrives).

https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N3080AORUS-X-10GD/sp#sp

Soldato
WTF?

PS: Who's got $2K to spend?
EjAoVZ2WoAAjBxE

Soldato
A 360 rad, lmao. If a thick 120mm rad is capable of dissipating 500 watts (fury x) then why does this need 3x the equivalent?

Was just thinking that, and the Fury X ran rather cool as well! As well as the 295X2, which had a peak power draw of 650W according to TechPowerUp.
Is this an epeen move, instead of a proper single thick RAD, get a cheaper significantly thinner one to look "bigger! for folks.

Soldato
So to summarise..

-Crashing,
-No stock,
-Questionable decisions by AIBs cheaping out on components,
-An upcoming announcement from AMD on GPUs in 4 weeks time,
-G-Sync compataibility issues with the LG OLED CX for 4:4:4 (the main reason people seem to want HDMI 2.1),
-Leaks from AIBs of a 20GB model coming at some point,
-Retailers being extremely dodgy and vague
-Retailers hiking up prices
-Preorders having no time frame on when they'll be delivered

And yet still the toilet roll generation are pre-ordering in their hundreds and thousands for NVIDIA GPUs.

You honestly can't write this stuff.

Even if you have your mind set on an NVIDIA GPU, surely wait for other idiots to buy up the batch 1 of the faulty crashing GPUs and wait for the silent hardware revision which is near guaranteed to come from most AIBs worth their reputation.

I get paying the early adopter fee and wanting a nice GPU. I did it with the 20 series which was terrible value. But when we have a faulty, immature, low stock product with a competitor announcement literally <4 weeks away, why in the world would you pre-order?

And specifically a piece of tech like a GPU which is very difficult to properly refund from these smaller companies, where if you've even attempted to install the GPU, they'll kick up a fuss and force you into a 28-56 cycle of RMA-hell on a product with low stock levels.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was so "amped" for ampere but very happy to wait now and see what AMD brings plus 3070 reviews.

Pretty lucky that flight sim runs well enough at 1440 high that I don't need to upgrade

Soldato
I was so "amped" for ampere but very happy to wait now and see what AMD brings plus 3070 reviews.

Pretty lucky that flight sim runs well enough at 1440 high that I don't need to upgrade

I'm using 1440p and NVIDIA sharpen on my LG atm lol... better than joining this farce of a launch.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
PMSL. So to quote many a man on here... "AMD drivers need to perform out of the box. No point in them being better than the nvidia alternative 6 months down the line its too late!" Suddenly they will be pro decanters of fine wine after this minshare soaks in :rolleyes:

Good stuff, Ampere will age fantastic and already is. New driver just released improves performance by 5-10% on RTX3000 cards

Doesn't need a reply.

Back
Top Bottom