• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
I see high end starting at **80. Never have I considered a **60 card as anything but mid.

**30 - Budget
**50/Ti - Low
**60/Ti/S - Mid
**70/Ti/S - Upper Mid
**80/Ti/S - High
Titan - What’s money?

Obviously with Ti and Super models the ranges can overlap somewhat and shift it about a bit, but that’s the gist.

Caporegime
Dude, 2060 is not high end full stop. Nvidia can name it whatever they want, it is just a name. It is not high end. Simple as.

If their marketing department start calling a 3050 high end next year, will that make it so? Nope, we all know it just ain’t.
Dude... it is! :D Enthusiasts just gain warped perspectives as to what constitutes 'high-end' as they are so used to only really giving consideration to the higher tiers of high-end. A 2060 Super is a £380 card... it is more expensive and higher performing than the vast majority of GPU's in existence. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

It's like saying a BMW isn't a high-end car because all you drive are Aston Martins. Maybe we need to get a little perspective. :)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Dude... it is! :D Enthusiasts just gain warped perspectives as to what constitutes 'high-end' as they are so used to only really giving consideration to the higher tiers of high-end. A 2060 Super is a £380 card... it is more expensive and higher performing than the vast majority of GPU's in existence. https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

It's like saying a BMW isn't a high-end car because all you drive are Aston Martins. Maybe we need to get a little perspective. :)
I thought this started as a 2060, just noticed you changed it to 2060 Super. Still not high end though ;)

Car analogies do not work here I do not think.

So tell me, in the desktop space, what do you class as mid-range and low-end?

Soldato
What a surprise, the conversation has devolved into the unwinnable argument of what constitutes high end etc.

The term is relative.

I may as well start pulling everyone up who mentions AIB cards by saying that all discrete GPUs are AIBs...

Caporegime
I thought this started as a 2060, just noticed you changed it to 2060 Super. Still not high end though ;)

Car analogies do not work here I do not think.

So tell me, in the desktop space, what do you class as mid-range and low-end?
Well yes, the Super versions officially replaced the non-super versions. And yes, they are high end. Anyway happy to agree to disagree... as usual. ;)

Soldato
Took delivery of my LG OLED CX48 yesterday, using it as a monitor. Absolutely can't wait for the 3080/3080ti to be released, expecting to pay through the nose for one since AMD can't even get VRR working via HDMI yet, that doesn't give me confidence they'll fully support my panel. Need that 4k 120Hz goodness via HDMI 2.1!

Associate
I assumed he was being sarcastic.

I like what I see. I can see it taking the title for my favourite game of all time if the story is good.

You never know in this thread lol

I can imagine it looks pretty sweet on the new GPUs hopefully running well optimized. I wonder why nvidia havnt given them a new GPU to run it on.

Caporegime
Took delivery of my LG OLED CX48 yesterday, using it as a monitor. Absolutely can't wait for the 3080/3080ti to be released, expecting to pay through the nose for one since AMD can't even get VRR working via HDMI yet, that doesn't give me confidence they'll fully support my panel. Need that 4k 120Hz goodness via HDMI 2.1!
I'm put off spending that kind of money on a PC display with uLED seemingly around the corner.

And some doubt remaining about OLED and image retention when used as a PC display.

(Also in an ideal world I'd want to spend about 1/2 of that, but 48" is a bit/a lot too big for a PC display anyhow on my desk).

As time goes on tho the less and less keen I am to opt for IPS or anything less than OLED/uLED for my next display. Poor wallet.

Soldato
You never know in this thread lol

I can imagine it looks pretty sweet on the new GPUs hopefully running well optimized. I wonder why nvidia havnt given them a new GPU to run it on.

They will,and when it's double the performance,people will be dumping their paperweights(also known as the previous generation of GPUs),and putting in a new GPU pre-order. Just need a baseline to compare to! ;)

bru

bru

Soldato
Oh for gods sake, 2060 it is a mid-range card, by the very definition of the word.

NVidia's own website.

midrange1.jpg

OCUK's shop

midrange2.jpg

By benchmark.
midrange4.jpg

You really don't want to do it by price.

2080ti £1050

2060 £281

1650 £150

How much more evidence do you need that a 2060 is midrange.

Back
Top Bottom