• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA ‘Ampere’ 8nm Graphics Cards

Soldato
Tricky time for retailers now as well, at what point do you start worrying about the value of stock ur holding

If you believe the "Nvidia will no longer improve performance without a matching (or disproportionate) price increase." crowd, there's nothing to worry about with existing stock because it's value proposition will never change. If anything it will become *more* valuable as price/performance ratios get worse and worse with every new generation going forward.:rolleyes:

Because Turing.

Soldato
If you believe the "Nvidia will no longer improve performance without a matching (or disproportionate) price increase." crowd, there's nothing to worry about with existing stock because it's value proposition will never change. If anything it will become *more* valuable as price/performance ratios get worse and worse with every new generation going forward.:rolleyes:

Because Turing.

How did so many people swallow the Turing myth?

Caporegime
How did so many people swallow the Turing myth?

Because Leather Jacket man appeared on the top of Mount Sinai, and behold in his hand he had a 2080 ti, then he spent 2 hours babbling about ray tracing, the sheeple then produced their wallets and gave thanks for the rogering they were about to receive.

Soldato
Think the 3080Ti will do 160 fps at 3440x1440?

Well the current rumours are suggesting it'll be roughly twice the speed of the 1080Ti which I currently use at 3440x1440.

I have little trouble hitting 80fps, albeit with some settings turned down a touch in more demanding stuff, so I see no reason why a 3080Ti wouldn't manage 160 in most games although maybe not at max settings in everything.

Soldato
‘The power consumption is worrying. Wish I had bought a 1000w PSU 2 years ago, doesn’t look like 650w is going to cut it.

650W will be plenty. Max power consumption is going to be 375W (more likely 350W). That leaves you 275W. Your CPU is 150W max absent heavy overclocking. That leaves 125W for your motherboard and SSDs. Plenty.

Soldato
That Guru3D article though pure nonsense. "I know we need to fill a page and we have nothing. Lets do some news on the new cards based on no more information than previously just to fill a page."

Its all based on what a LFC Twitter fan just said off the cuff, a twitter user who replies to his own tweets !
cZIEMZ6.jpg

I agree with VCZ that it is foolish to guess the specific specs of an es card. NVIDIA can use vbios to change specs. Don't be surprised if you see that RTX 3080 also has 12G VRAM. I am not a prophet. I can only provide some basic specs as always. Thank you for your attention.

Soldato
‘The power consumption is worrying. Wish I had bought a 1000w PSU 2 years ago, doesn’t look like 650w is going to cut it.

Should be fine for any single card. Even with a 1000w psu I have ran sli cards in the past with a heavy oc’d cpu and watercooling setup without going much over 700w so should be fine.

Soldato
Should be fine for any single card. Even with a 1000w psu I have ran sli cards in the past with a heavy oc’d cpu and watercooling setup without going much over 700w so should be fine.
One my older overclocked SLI systems used to draw 835watts with just a dual core cpu

Think that may been my water cooled SLI 8800gtx & e8500 cpu setup

Soldato
I dont think any game does full rtx cos no card can do full rtx at more than a slide show, they make you choose features.

But the games can still support the suite even if the card can't actually do it right? A brief check on t'internet shows 13 games as of the start of last month that are released and support RTX. 2 years down the line and there are 13 games supporting this feature that adds massive cost to the card and tanks performance.

Back
Top Bottom