** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Soldato
does anyone know if these price drops are likely to trickle down to the 760? I'm too poor to justify £200+ on a graphics card so the 760 is the kind of level i'm looking for. I did ask in the other thread but it got buried in the excitement

OcUK Staff
OP
does anyone know if these price drops are likely to trickle down to the 760? I'm too poor to justify £200+ on a graphics card so the 760 is the kind of level i'm looking for. I did ask in the other thread but it got buried in the excitement

Nope 760 is priced spot on, can't see it moving as its a superb seller.

Associate

I had the 760 mate and sent it back, the 660ti is better in most situations, and the 670 like the MSI PE is as faster than the 680 outta the box, i know cos i have had them all this year, the extra £20 to £40 for a 770 or 280X is well worth it mate, and if BF4 is you main game, then i cant see beyond the 280X mate with mantle due in December, tho the games with the 770 could be a deal breaker, butthat extra gig of ram would be more important to me tbh

Associate
Couple of questions regarding the included games - Arkham is Steam I guess. Are the other two UPlay codes? Also, do these freebies run right up to Christmas, or does "holiday" mean Thanksgiving?

Associate
why no one buys gainward phantoms? I actually like how they look, no idea on performance though. GLH version seems to be fast as well. No idea how good is the cooler

There is a review at Vortez

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/gainward_gtx_780_phantom_glh_review,1.html

but if you check out a later 780 review (the inno3d ichill) you can at least see how it compares to a couple of other 780s

http://www.vortez.net/articles_pages/inno3d_ichill_gtx_780_herculez_x3_ultra_review,1.html

Soldato
thanks for the info guys. guess i'll just have to wait it out and see what the R290 non X release does to Nvidia's pricing, or if there is a bit more of a price war, then buy whatever is best

Back
Top Bottom