1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

** NVIDIA PRICE DROP: GTX 780 & 770 MASSIVE PRICE DROP!! **

Discussion in 'Latest News, Deals & Special Offers' started by Gibbo, 28 Oct 2013.

1. smilertoo

Mobster

Bradmax57: Doesn't matter, i've noticed someone else getting rid of them on the members market, i foresee a flood of 3 certain games in the next couple of weeks.

2. Terrier_Jimlad

Mobster

7 days to inform them, 28 days to return it for DSR isn't it?

3. Fulax

Soldato

Watercooling at 1440p I'd stick with the 290X. Temps hold it back a bit versus the 780 when it comes to overclocking, but on water you should be able to get the best out of it.

4. Bradmax57

Sgarrista

You can't go wrong with any of the 780's tbh but if it was me I would just go for the cheapest, after that you just need to figure out if you want a reference or custom cooler one

5. CivilDrone

Wise Guy

confused. how is reference better than custom cards? as in GLH phantom, Directcuii asus, lightning msi?

6. Bradmax57

Sgarrista

I'm not saying its better but in some situations a reference might suit better for low airflow cases etc that's why I said he then needs to decide whats better for him

7. avoidconfusion

Gangster

And are they a significant upgrade over my old trusted 670 GTX? Or would the new r9 290x outperform the 780s as well?

8. Bradmax57

Sgarrista

Should notice a fair difference to a 670 from both, from what I understand the 290x and 780 are pretty even, ive no experience of the 290x so cant say for sure

9. smilertoo

Mobster

I just noticed that the AMD 290 claims directx11.2 while the Nvidia 780 is directx11.1, anyone know the difference?
    * hmmm it seems it's the new massive texture tiling system that the xboxOne will also use, I wonder if this means new directx11.2 cards are due.

Last edited: 29 Oct 2013
  10. fowler002

Mobster

Normally DSR is 7 days but ocuk offer double that(14days).

But my point is how long do I have to DSR the 290x, its how long is the 780 lightning etc are on offer at their current price(as they're on the 'this week only' so will go up a bit).
    Is it going to be
    a) they're going to be on the 'this week' only price for a 'extended' period as they only got reduced further yesterday giving people little longer to decide/more people to see the new price,

b) take the 'you snooze you loose' approach and put the price up on Wednesday when the new products go on the 'this week only' offer.

11. TAZOO7

Gangster

Not if you are on Windows 7 ;)

12. R3X

Mobster

NO COMPETITOR TALK!

13. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Nice prices but if anything it kinda highlights how greedy Nvidia were in the first place.

Doesn't really make me want to give them my money tbh. I feel truely sorry for the numpty's who jumped in and bought the Titan.

14. $ilent

Gangster

NO COMPETITOR TALK!!

15. Roady

Sgarrista

This and the huge number of driver problems they had and DIDNT FIX on many of their older generation cards is why ATI/AMD get my money.

I honestly think AMD did a great thing by releasing their latest range at some insane price points... They had to do something as all benchmarks show the range change didn't give us much performance and the new cards running very warm even at stock speeds (hopefully opening the way for a wider range of custom/branded/competition coolers).

16. smilertoo

Mobster

I'm not that bothered with any performace difference, I went nvidia cos AMD run too hot/noisy in comparison.

17. woody79

Gangster

Might be time to go sli seen them for 368 £ do y think they will come down anymore .

18. PhysicsMan94

Wise Guy

Dammit, mine cost around £600 when it first came out. Should've got a placeholder GPU and waited for this price drop maybe. Ah well, there's always the SLI option in the future I guess... :D

19. Sgt_Pepper

Wise Guy

It's not greedy it business, if you were selling a car and thought you could get £10,000 for it would you advertise it at £9,000

20. Reaper 392

Capodecina

As someone slightly newer to PC gaming, this is why i'm giving my money to Nvidia :)