• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
I need CSM to boot into Windows 10! Has anyone actually confirmed you need to disable this for the re-size bar to work?

It’ll probably be because your system drive is formatted in MBT rather than GPT. There’s several links to how to use the built in mbr2gpt tool to change over if you scroll up.

Soldato
Driving me mad here but i'm unable to install the Gigabyte F3 Bios update on a 3080 Vision OC. Someone had a similar issue a couple pages back but they were trying to install it from a temp folder. I'm not.

When double clicking the update file i'm asked if i want to update the bios. I click yes and then i get an error message saying windows cannot find N3080VO in Local\Temp. I'm not trying to run the file in the temp folder. I'm running it from the desktop (and have tried other locations aswell)

To work around this i've tried placing all the install files in the local\temp folder and tried again. It then just gets stuck in a loop asking me if i want to update, i click yes and it asks me again. I can see each time i click yes it opens another instance of the process in task manager. Never updating.

Tried doing it in safe mode but it cant access the GPU bios and errors.

Any suggestions???
z3rkqPR.jpg.png

You're doing it from the E drive, paste the files somewhere on the C drive and try again.

Caporegime
Love the Re-bar. my mining hash rate hasn't changed but one game i tried has made a difference.

Forza 4 i am beating a heavily OC 6900xt @4k min almost 10% up.

1. Score 126.7, Min 109.4, GPU 3090 @2130/5375, CPU 5950X @4.9, Dontrocktheboat Link, Driver 465.89
  2. Score 125.2, Min 100.4, GPU 6900X @2800/4300, CPU 5950X @5.0, LtMatt Link, Driver 20.2.1

Matts computer is a beast, 6900xt @ 2.8Ghz Merc 319 / coupled with his 5950x, which is also a beast. Pleased with that :0)
I've already beaten your score mate, just not got time to post my results at the moment. :D

I've also massively improved my 1080P and 1440P scores.

Please make sure you post your 1080P and 1440P results also so we can see the full picture in the Forza thread. :)

I’m getting another 4fps in Valhalla. Really nothing to write home about.
Don't forget to post your updated score in the Valhalla thread please.

Associate
I've already beaten your score mate, just not got time to post my results at the moment. :D

I've also massively improved my 1080P and 1440P scores.

Please make sure you post your 1080P and 1440P results also so we can see the full picture in the Forza thread. :)

Don't forget to post your updated score in the Valhalla thread please.

damn you:cry:

Capture.JPG

Was already running with Compatibility Support Module disabled and on a stable BIOS release that had the Resizable BAR option.

doc

doc

Associate
I've got to give Gigabyte some credit, I got this working on a Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 and 8700k this morning.

It took less than 30 mins to update Nvidia driver, mobo BIOS, MSI 3090 BIOS and tweak the BIOS settings and it says it's working...

Soldato
If I use a release / finalised BIOS firmware version (instead of a Beta), could enabling the re-size bar still cause problems?

I wonder why enabling it can reduce FPS in some games? and if they mean the average or minimum FPS?

Soldato
Associate
I've got to give Gigabyte some credit, I got this working on a Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 and 8700k this morning.

It took less than 30 mins to update Nvidia driver, mobo BIOS, MSI 3090 BIOS and tweak the BIOS settings and it says it's working...

Same here apart from my Z370 Gaming 5 with the 3090FE, surprisingly trouble free.

Back
Top Bottom