• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia Re-Size Bar/SAM support is live for some cards, more in March - 10% performance gains

Soldato
Good.

There should be no reason to disable SAM for AMD systems (looking at you Hardware Unboxed :)) as it's a free performance lift in most games and as you can see, it puts the 6900 XT level with the 3090 at 4K and ahead at resolutions below - whilst drawing less power.

Its quite surprising the `editorial` direction Hardware Unboxed has taken recently , heading back to the same camp that JayZ occupies....

Soldato
OP
GPU-Z 2.4.0 has added Re-Size bar information which is very helpful

It tells you if your GPU supports it, if it's turned on and if it's not turned on it tells you exactly why it's nor working (such as which BIOS or hardware setting is wrong)

x4vh4ou5fj271.jpg

Associate
Gotta admit, still havent bothered with re-size bar on my 3090, has it improved in any way? AMD seems way ahead of the curve this time, props to them.

Associate
I've certainly had no issues with resize bar fully enabled with my 3090 since I flashed the VBIOS in March. No weird game issues, no system issues and games have been running just fine.

Caporegime
I've certainly had no issues with resize bar fully enabled with my 3090 since I flashed the VBIOS in March. No weird game issues, no system issues and games have been running just fine.

Same but with a 3080, got a huge boost when I used it with my 2600 in smoothness for cyberpunk even though it wasn't "officially" supported.

Permabanned
yeah for the reference, i've also been using it since the day it was released on my 3070 and 2700x (b450 chipset), no weird issues, crashes or regressions on the games i play (i mainly play rd online). i think it has been like 2-3 months without any apparent issues. i even enabled it for rainbow six siege through nv profile inspector and for other couple of games. i benchmarked some of them and roughly found %2-5 performace increase in the majority of them. every bit helps i guess.

Man of Honour
Thanks that's helpful, just checked and turned out Resize BAR wasn't active. I was like "WTF, I'm sure I flashed the vBIOS and enabled above 4G decoding / resize BAR the other day?!?".
Checked BIOS, and yep, both enabled/Auto.
Quick google and I found people saying you needed to disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module). Disabled that, and now it's working.

Permabanned
Thanks that's helpful, just checked and turned out Resize BAR wasn't active. I was like "WTF, I'm sure I flashed the vBIOS and enabled above 4G decoding / resize BAR the other day?!?".
Checked BIOS, and yep, both enabled/Auto.
Quick google and I found people saying you needed to disable CSM (Compatibility Support Module). Disabled that, and now it's working.

I didn't disable CSM, only flashed the firmware of the GPU, turned it on in the motherboard bios and it's showing as active in Nvidia Control Panel.

Where is CSM?

Back
Top Bottom