• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
Do people actually belive Gibbo has a Ferrari? No offence to the guy but I don't see how a purchasing manager can justify the economics of Ferrari ownership. But hey ho. None of my business.

True fact, after each gpu launch he somehow manages to add a new car to his ever expanding garage, no idea where the cash comes from :)

Caporegime
It seems to really trigger some people.

People assume that he must be paid too much if he has a Ferrari and hence ocuk must charge too much. Its human nature.

People judge. Its a visable thing, a car. If he didnt have a ferrari and drove a clio you would never know if earned the same money and spent it all on £10k watches and cocaine and hookers.

I did it years ago when a rep was coming to see me about some software we were interested i buying. He looked in in early 20s and pulled up in a £85k sportscar and my first thought was the quote wasnt going to be cheap and there is a lot of meat in the price in order to give their reps £85k sportscars.

Associate
So what’s the crack with the FE guys? Just literally wait till they appear on the nvidia website? Is there any particular time or just refresh all day long?

Do people actually belive Gibbo has a Ferrari? No offence to the guy but I don't see how a purchasing manager can justify the economics of Ferrari ownership. But hey ho. None of my business.

lol, yes he has, you have purchasing mangers at all different levels, he is buying massive amounts of stock and I imagine brokering deals to try and save the company money, I do the same but obviously on a smaller scale, no Ferrari for me, although I'm not really a car person, I don't even have a license :o

Soldato
So what’s the crack with the FE guys? Just literally wait till they appear on the nvidia website? Is there any particular time or just refresh all day long?
Just wait till it goes live, the nvidia rep even said they aren't disclosing the time they go live so it'll happen when it happens.

Associate
An update from me, I placed an order with a different company at 00:08 last night, 00:14 had a stock problem email come through. Spoke to them this morning, basically their Product Manager screwed up and let some go live at midnight in error. He wasn't able to confirm stock levels at 2pm because of the NDA with Nvidia, but said if they have any more stock of the card I ordered, it will automatically update my order at 2pm and confirm it. So I've effectively got a 50/50 chance with a "pre-order" of sorts...

Soldato
lol, yes he has, you have purchasing mangers at all different levels, he is buying massive amounts of stock and I imagine brokering deals to try and save the company money, I do the same but obviously on a smaller scale, no Ferrari for me, although I'm not really a car person, I don't even have a license :o
Same, i was a purchaser for a good few years working for a large retail company. They paid extremely well as the job entitles a lot of out of hours work and you're expected to take calls at all times of the day which i didn't mind. Instead of buying luxury items though i invested it into a house and got onto the housing market. Best decision ever and so glad i didn't waste money on unnecessary things, hard to imagine where i'd be today if i hadn't done.

Back
Top Bottom