• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Associate
Wow. I am amazed that so many people have scrabbled and fought to buy, in many cases, a GPU that was not even their first choice. 'I got one, I got one, it's not one I wanted and it was suddenly £100 extra, but I got it! And then, after this 'success', they start complaining and slagging off Overclockers - because after all, it's not the customer's fault - it's OCUK's fault, or the invisible evil force that forced them to press the purchase button.

Soldato
Nvidia are laughing all the way to the bank. During a global downturn too.

People who bought Nvidia cards, when there were better value AMD cards, have themselves to blame for this!

Example, Ignoring Vega56 and blindingly buying a 3060 instead... Even though the Vega56 was a much better card.

Launches will be like this going forward, expect next time they'll price the 3080 equivalent at £850 to price out some of the masses.

Associate
Wow. I am amazed that so many people have scrabbled and fought to buy, in many cases, a GPU that was not even their first choice. 'I got one, I got one, it's not one I wanted and it was suddenly £100 extra, but I got it! And then, after this 'success', they start complaining and slagging off Overclockers - because after all, it's not the customer's fault - it's OCUK's fault, or the invisible evil force that forced them to press the purchase button.

The complaint about OC is completely warranted. They took 2 hours to take money from Paypal, and took £50 more than the item checked out for in my case, yet still have the cheek to say they've not processed payment on my order page.

Associate
The complaint about OC is completely warranted. They took 2 hours to take money from Paypal, and took £50 more than the item checked out for in my case, yet still have the cheek to say they've not processed payment on my order page.

actually is isn't but have it you're way

and OC or any other company cant take more money from paypal after you checkout so you knew the charge before hand

Associate
im not complicit in anything you are the one moaning cause you ordered too late and expect miracles

No, I was on the site at release, it took multiple web page time-outs before the order went through. When it eventually went through, I had no notifications from anything for two hours and could not even check my order page. Eventually I got a Paypal email at 17:25, taking more money than was in my basket when I'd checked out two hours earlier... still couldn't check my order on OC. Finally their site appears to be working when I've woken up (though no email confirmation at all directly)... THIS IS ALL OCUK FAULT. I am not in control of their web servers, their billing process or their customer services team, so stop absolving them of blame.

Associate
im not complicit in anything you are the one moaning cause you ordered too late and expect miracles

Sadly, I guess most people ordered late, due to the OcUK website buckling under the pressure, I was ready and waiting at 1.40pm, but as soon as it hit 2pm it became pure mayhem.... Same situation on many other websites too, took me over two hours to finally get my order through, after many failed attempts.

Soldato
Ah, how annoying. Sorry to hear. I might try calling up when the lines open just to check my preorder exists somewhere since my bank account is scarily empty right now after scrambling yesterday to secure a card.
My god man I hope you don't have bills to pay. Cancel that order and get some sanity :p

Associate
No, I was on the site at release, it took multiple web page time-outs before the order went through. When it eventually went through, I had no notifications from anything for two hours and could not even check my order page. Eventually I got a Paypal email at 17:25, taking more money than was in my basket when I'd checked out two hours earlier... still couldn't check my order on OC. Finally their site appears to be working when I've woken up (though no email confirmation at all directly)... THIS IS ALL OCUK FAULT. I am not in control of their web servers, their billing process or their customer services team, so stop absolving them of blame.

their billing process you used paypal so thats the first issue unless paypal recently got tookover by OC

OC do not have they own billing processes the CC/DC charges are by Braintree

fx1

fx1

Associate

Nobody ordered late. The website didnt work due to bots and scalpers and even people who used bots some of them didnt get in time.

This is a farce and anyone using such tools should have their orders cancelled.

I will never use OCUK again. i have emptied my basket of all other items from my build and i will buy elsewhere.

Associate
I fancied the Zotac Trinity but refused to order after the last minute price gouging and instead tried my luck at the FE card which was a fail.

I had given up but later ended up ordering the Zotac from another site at £665 rather than the £720 it currently stands on OCUK. I’m sure I’ll have a longer wait but I’m in no rush as my 1070 Ti will last until cyberpunk at least.

Associate
Nobody ordered late. The website didnt work due to bots and scalpers and even people who used bots some of them didnt get in time.

This is a farce and anyone using such tools should have their orders cancelled.

I will never use OCUK again. i have emptied my basket of all other items from my build and i will buy elsewhere.

maybe a Read of OC's Terms and conditions is required payment also needs to be cleared before "cutoff as well"

fx1

fx1

Associate
If you are unhappy with your experience using OCUK then i suggest you also review them on trust pilot and google etc.

Bad press is always a good way to permanently remind a retailer how they fail

Associate
I was locked out of posting yesterday from about 1PM because of my postcount :eek:

Some people complained about price changes whilst in basket (not just OCUK) and while ethically that's not great, from a technical perspective it's essential to call back to the page and check that the values are correct before going to the payment processor.

Another one was about maximum MySQL connections - that doesn't limit the site to 480 concurrent users, just 480 database requests at once. There's a lot of on-page caching going on, and even with that it couldn't hold up. Pretty mental to see the 'E' site, 'S' site and OCUK all going down at the same time.

I had no luck with OCUK but I got a MSI 3080 Ventus order in at 2:08PM from another retailer. It's still awaiting picking so I have no idea how many they would have had in stock, but it can't have been many at all. The reluctance for any of the sites to display true stock levels tells me there was very little to go around.

Back
Top Bottom