1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Gibbo, 2 Sep 2020.

1. degen

Hitman

Do you think they care? They could have spent thousands on better software / hosting but to what end?

They still sold every card they had and can't even fulfill all the orders they've taken. I'd imagine they had only a couple of hundred cards if that.

2. George Carr

Associate

Hmm, been ringing for the past 20 minutes. Must be busy!

3. DonPachi

Associate

That's a nice and simple solution. I'm a developer but I've only been in the e-commerce space for the past year - I'm suffering with the same caching band-aid solution on one site with around a million product variations.

4. gibletto

Associate

A site from me would have costed a few 100k in fairness ;D (My clients usually measure the orders per second though, so you would need to be pretty high volume).

5. danlightbulb

Mobster

Anyone who didnt get a card in the first wave rejoice! The pound has crept back up to near $1.30 so should mean a price reduction of over £50 on some cards based on what happened yesterday.

6. davethe11

Wise Guy

While I've bought plenty of times from ocuk over the years, I've never pre-ordererd anything before - is payment taken at despatch or as soon as you pre-order guys?

7. Rroff

Man of Honour

I'm not sure it was entirely due to the 3080 demand - possibly that traffic was acting like a DDOS but I saw several unrelated sites were hit and offline around the same time citing a DDOS attack possibly related to the current tiktok controversy.

8. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

[​IMG]

9. unixdude007

Associate

Honestly it works really well I saw the hell they went through every time a new set of Yeezy's or Jordan's came in the whole website down within minutes.

10. Mr Fujisawa

Hitman

My 17:05 order has finally updated to "Order received - not yet shipped". no confirmation email received though

11. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

TikTok controversy? Where?

12. surfsquid

Wise Guy

Same, ordered a smidge after 5pm, no email but awaiting shipping :confused:

13. Petrolhead

Wise Guy

My ordering experience with OC was nerve racking. But soon realised after every click just to be patient for the next bit. Prob took about 20 mins from start to finish

i bought the Gigabyte Eagle at £650 and was charged £650. Noticed this morning it now £690

got my confirmation and now just a case of being patient and wait for delivery. Still have my 1080ti so can continue playing :)

14. Rroff

Man of Honour

There is a whole lot of stuff going on with it at the moment - people angry with the platform for various reasons and drama over the potential acquisition situation.

15. eeek

Gangster

I always find it interesting when people do zero research - overclockers is hosted by Tempus London Ltd (which took me 1 dns lookup and 1 ripe database lookup) - so no where near AWS.

And while I would say overclocker's website structure isn't perfect there is little point fixing the issue we saw yesterday for something that is likely to occur only once more (the 3070 launch).

16. ralv585

Wise Guy

Same, I would have been disappointed if I was younger, but I knew for a fact there was no way I would get one on launch, more than happy to wait to see what AMD bring out and hopefully a lot cheaper.

I am too looking for a card for FS2020, my 980ti is just about holding on.

17. Bouton Aide

Caporegime

Yep I jumped the gun just because I saw AWS. 185.103.4.10 is indeed https://ipinfo.io/185.103.4.10

Has nothing to do with me not doing my research though.

It may have been a host outage, maybe not even related to how many people where ordering or accessing the sites at the same time.

18. gibletto

Associate

Not 100% true. One of my previous clients lost out for three days over Black Friday due to not being able to accept orders at all due to old website, so their competitor took the bulk of the orders. We re-architected everything so the next 3 Black Fridays were their best ever sellers.

19. BigBANGtheory

Wise Guy

the voice of reason :cool:

20. unixdude007

Associate

I never said they were hosted on AWS :) - my reply was to the other person who thought AWS is a magic bullet and my replies where theoretical i.e. if they were on AWS.