• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA RTX 3080Ti to launch in January 2021?

Soldato
That’s like saying Porsche won’t release the base carrera when they can still sell GT2RS’s
Except people have the money at the moment for 3090s as gaming / using computers is one of the only things the vast majority of the world can do. A GT2RS costs slightly more :D

Caporegime
He is reliable. The 3080 Ti was scheduled to launch in Jan. EVen Gamersnexus said so.

I doubt very much the 3080ti was ever scheduled to launch in January as they would have known months ago about the shortages that they were dealing with. That's just speculation from random sites knowing nvidia won't comment on what is currently an unannounced product.

Caporegime
I doubt very much the 3080ti was ever scheduled to launch in January as they would have known months ago about the shortages that they were dealing with. That's just speculation from random sites knowing nvidia won't comment on what is currently an unannounced product.
Yeah, it was all rumours and speculation and not really practical to release an upgraded card after 3 months when supply was so terrible.

Soldato
Can't get the 2 GB chips.

Nvidia doesn't use any anyway, the 3090 has 24 1GB modules - I belive the reason is that GDDR6x didn't support 2GB modules, not sure if it does now. But standard GDDR6 does support 2GB so I believe that's what AMD is using

Associate
So they say.. but who knows.. I have a feeling there will not be a 3080Ti..and if there is one it will basically cost 3090 prices by time you pay for it at retail. Also nVidia may not make a FE model and that way make the AIBs price it as they think and we have seen what AIBs are doing to their MSRP. This way makes nVidia look like the good guys and not have to make a FE with a price tag of £1250+ and probably still make a loss on it as they have done with all the FE models.

look at the prices of cards right now..

6800 is more expensive than a 6800xt msrp
and a 6800xt (£1000 to £1200) is more expensive than a 6900xt msrp, 6900xt is basically 3090 prices and up.

and 3080s are £1000 to £1200

3090 is now £1800 to £2000 for air models and water models are £2250+

so if a 3080ti comes out it will easily be £1300-£1500 by the time retailers sell them and if not more.

3080ti really doesn't fit in right now price wise, see most would rather wait for 3090FE stocks and pay £1400 but again nVidia may do an AMD and have no stocks soon too as AMD really has had no stocks of their models from their store. nVidia already doesnt put many 3080FE stock up as most chips are ending up as 3090s.

Funny how things have changed since last year for gpus, cpus, motherboards and any component needed for PCs, even RAM has shot up and SSD storage.
only a few weeks ago scam were selling zotac 3090s for £1474

look at them now, damn

Soldato
That’s like saying Porsche won’t release the base carrera when they can still sell GT2RS’s
That's all well and good but when you only have enough parts to make one or the other then I doubt Porsche would be cutting down on GT2RS which are already selling out as fast as they can make them just to knock out some cheaper Carreras with less margin on.

Soldato
The miners are just buying anything at any price right now. Gamers cannot compete. Until there is a Bitcoin or Etherium crash they will keep buying up all inventory. I wish they would all move to this ASIC and leave gpu's alone.

Sad times for pc gaming.

Last edited:
Soldato
Miners are causing blackouts in Iran

Iranian officials decided to sell electricity to Chinese miners at very low prices (1.8 cents per kWh), miners then brought in a ton of cards and proceeded to mine and now they're having blackouts.

currently these Chinese miners have a combined base load of 300MW - that 260 thousand RTX3080 running 24/7

https://videocardz.com/newz/gpu-mining-farms-are-causing-power-outages-in-iran

Last edited:
Caporegime
Mining is utterly bonkers from an ecological point of view. Wasting vaste amounts of power to do some unproductive maths. I wonder what will be thought of it in the future.

Associate
The miners are just buying anything at any price right now. Gamers cannot compete. Until there is a Bitcoin or Etherium crash they will keep buying up all inventory. I wish someone would just make a good Etherium ASIC so all the leeches will move on to that instead. Sad times for pc gaming.

Ethereum was designed to resist ASIC mining and runs best with single precision floating point calculations graphics card makes, any ASIC that it makes will pretty much have to beat a graphics card in 3D processing (and therefore better graphics card).

Soldato
Etherium is moving to POS in a year or two so unless GPU miners find another currency to mine then they will be out of business.

Soldato
Mining is utterly bonkers from an ecological point of view. Wasting vaste amounts of power to do some unproductive maths. I wonder what will be thought of it in the future.

Governments seem to be blind to the climate and resource impact of mining. With many dying of cold due to the high price of heating it is crazy not to ban wasteful practices such as crypto mining. Why would you allow huge amounts of electricity to be wasted like this??

HRL

HRL

Soldato

What future? Sadly it’s ignorance and greed that are the worst culprits but if we carry on the way we’re going I’d be surprised if our species had another 2-300 years.

I’m moving home in the summer and will be installing a 10Kw PV setup in the garden but not for mining purposes.

Soldato
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti to Have Crippled Crypto-Mining Performance

NVIDIA's upcoming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card is likely to feature a hardware hash-rate limiter, much like the recently launched RTX 3060, according to kopite7kimi, a reliable source for NVIDIA rumors. The hash-rate limiter ensures that that crypto-currency mining performance of the card is significantly lower than what its hardware is capable of, so it doesn't remain viable for miners. The limiter works through a secure key exchange between the video BIOS, system firmware, and the driver; so driver-level modifications wouldn't affect it.

The RTX 3080 Ti is being launched to fill the large price-performance gorge between the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090. Its rumored specifications wildly swing between a 12 GB memory setup maxing out the 384-bit memory interface of the "GA102" silicon; and 20 GB of it across a narrower 320-bit wide interface. The card allegedly features 80 out of 84 streaming multiprocessors (40 out of 42 TPCs) enabled, working out to 10,240 CUDA cores, 80 RT cores, and 320 Tensor cores. Below is a picture of the RTX 3090 Founders Edition.

kopite7kimi guessing the obvious again:rolleyes:... Nvidia made it clear the 3060 will be crippled and the previous releases won't be crippled via drivers or any method, but also that said heads up all next cards will be crippled. So he's a genius is kopite7kimi...:rolleyes:

Caporegime
kopite7kimi guessing the obvious again:rolleyes:... Nvidia made it clear the 3060 will be crippled and the previous releases won't be crippled via drivers or any method, but also that said heads up all next cards will be crippled. So he's a genius is kopite7kimi...:rolleyes:

lol, it's funny how they cite this crap like they have insider info when it's obvious that it's very likely that will be on the cards.

Soldato
lol, it's funny how they cite this crap like they have insider info when it's obvious that it's very likely that will be on the cards.

Yup clickbait rubbish as always.

This part made me laugh "The RTX 3080 Ti is being launched to fill the large price-performance gorge between the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090."

The price will end up same as 3090s now but with 12GB VRAM and then push up 3090s to £3k as has been happening slowly.. let's all get real if they even release a 3080Ti.

Caporegime
Yup clickbait rubbish as always.

This part made me laugh "The RTX 3080 Ti is being launched to fill the large price-performance gorge between the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090."

The price will end up same as 3090s now but with 12GB VRAM and then push up 3090s to £3k as has been happening slowly.. let's all get real if they even release a 3080Ti.

In other breaking news that has to have been acquired via insider info, the 4000 series will be faster..:eek::eek::eek: It's like mystic meg from the lottery or one of these BS mediums throwing out as many possibilities as they can and getting lucky with one hitting or stating the blindingly obvious.

Soldato
In other breaking news that has to have been acquired via insider info, the 4000 series will be faster..:eek::eek::eek: It's like mystic meg from the lottery or one of these BS mediums throwing out as many possibilities as they can and getting lucky with one hitting or stating the blindingly obvious.
Exactly mate... reality regarding 4000 series , it will be a minimum of 2 years from release of 3000 series and can be longer as Nvidia has done before.

I love reading people state i'm waiting for 4080 or 4090 .. not realising over 2 years before they get their hands on it and if it comes out in the 2 year cycle Nvidia does if they are releasing quickly. They forget the year after is refreash of the cards eg. supers or whatever they will call them this time and then a year after the new series of cards if ready.

Back
Top Bottom