• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia RTX Refresh Rate Issue

Associate
I'm hoping someone has experienced a similar issue to me that may be able to help me out here:

I'm running an RTX 2060 with an AOC 23.5" 1080p 144 Hz monitor. When playing games (Battlefield V, Squad, PUBG) sometimes I get a weird display issue that looks like my monitor is stuttering between one frame and the next that it's receiving form the GPU. The video feels quite jittery and like there is a ghosting effect. Another effect is that the cursor has a trail (similar to the trail you would see in Windows when the setting is turned on). If I alt+tab out of the game, the video is perfect (Windows, Google Chrome, whatever else is open). This means that it is isolated to video games. One way I have found to remedy the issue is to:

1) alt+tab out of a game
2) launch the Nvidia Control Panel
3) revert display resolution to 60 Hz and accept the change
4) select the 144 Hz display resolution and accept the change
5) jump back into the game

This works 100% of the time but obviously I would like to find a more permanent fix.

Some notes: The issue will always start form when I launch the game. Sometimes games launch fine.

If it helps, I can attempt to capture a video of the issue I am experiencing and share it here. Because I don't know what this issue is called or what words to use to describe it, I have been unsuccessful in finding a solution on the internet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom