Associate
Hi al, I just received the NZXT C750 PSU that comes with 2x 4+4 pin for CPU power cables but I have just realised that my Motherboard X570 Tomahawk comes with a cpu 8+4 pin connector. I have read many discussions on the web some say only the 8pin is required and some people saying they are unable to even power on using just the 8pins.

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?...is there one? My PSU is still boxed in the cellophane so I can return it if necessary but obviously I don’t want to if I don’t have to.

I’m planning on pairing it with a 3700x and RTX 3080.

If I need to change the PSU could someone advise which PSU to go for that comes with the connectors required for the X570.

This would be a great help as I am going around in circles.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
OP
I forgot to mention that on the back of the PSU there is only one 8pin slot marked CPU (according to the images). Can you use PCIe slots to power the extra 4pin cpu socket on the motherboard?
I have not yet opened the box incase I need to ship it back so if anyone can confirm ASAP I would really appreciate it.

Associate
OP
Use the 2 x 4pins to make an 8 pin.

If you have any problems you can always get a Molex to 4 pin cpu adapter for the extra 4 pin
Micky would this adapter do the trick? I figured for the price I may as well buy it just incase rather than have to stall the build and order it afterwards.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/401733842728 I cant seem to find one on the overclockers website.

Back
Top Bottom