NZXT H1

Soldato
Wow. Very nice. Been waiting for something like this from one of the big manufacturers. But...

$349 (plus sales tax?) :eek::(

EDIT: Just noticed that translates to £299 where sold in the UK. With an SFX PSU with custom length cables and a 140mm AIO, that isn't bad value at all. I was expecting £349.

Last edited:
Soldato
I do wish they'd either gone with a traditional layout, or ditched the glass for mesh. Having pre-routed cables and an AIO would make a lot more sense if you could see the motherboard. With the side-on view, not a lot is shown off, and there seems to be quite a big thermal cost to putting glass there.

Also I can see the decision to only sell the case as a bundle being an irritation for a lot of potential customers.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Jesus that is horrid, looks like that aftermarket case to stop the XBOX 360 overheating.

EDIT: lian li xbox 360 case

41-2g3nj-P9-L-AC.jpg

Associate
I really like this but it's just seems that the CPU cooling with be limited. Then again you can argue you wouldn't go super high end in such a small build.

Soldato
@Robbie_G Is this your area? Noticed you've done the deals on NZXT stuff recently.

I'm hovering over the pre-order button at a competitor. But it's not shipping until 7th March anyway, so I'll hold off if OCUK will be stocking for launch.

I really like this but it's just seems that the CPU cooling with be limited. Then again you can argue you wouldn't go super high end in such a small build.

The first video in the OP benched a 9900k at 4.9GHz. Can't get much higher end than that in an ITX build. Keeps pace with a 280mm rad in the Streacom DA2, so signs are good.

GPU temps seem to be the bigger problem. Both the OT and BST reviews had issues with blower GPUs, with only marginal improvement from swapping to a GPU with an open cooler. Will be interesting to see what solutions can be found once the case is in the hands of customers. I'm sure there's space for case fans in the GPU area. It's just a matter of how small they have to be, and how best to mount them :p

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah this is true. I was looking more at a 3900x as this is what I have in my current mini itx with a 280mm nzxt.

Definitely interested in this though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I think the biggest issue with the case is how limited you are in terms of additional cooling - there's no where to stick any additional fans. 1 on the GPU side would have been amazing. Maybe an accelero III with some zip ties :p

Gangster
OcUK Staff
@Robbie_G Is this your area? Noticed you've done the deals on NZXT stuff recently.

I'm hovering over the pre-order button at a competitor. But it's not shipping until 7th March anyway, so I'll hold off if OCUK will be stocking for launch.

The first video in the OP benched a 9900k at 4.9GHz. Can't get much higher end than that in an ITX build. Keeps pace with a 280mm rad in the Streacom DA2, so signs are good.

GPU temps seem to be the bigger problem. Both the OT and BST reviews had issues with blower GPUs, with only marginal improvement from swapping to a GPU with an open cooler. Will be interesting to see what solutions can be found once the case is in the hands of customers. I'm sure there's space for case fans in the GPU area. It's just a matter of how small they have to be, and how best to mount them :p

Hi This will be @OcUK - PREDATOR he will be getting these in when they are available for the market. I have sent him the link for the thread.

Associate
Last edited by a moderator:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
I'm still undecided on this case. The 140 AIO may be a little under spec for my 3900x. Then there's the issue of the GPU cooking itself because some of the air is hitting the glass.

The glass looks nice but I think it's a little wasted, no real room for tasteful RGB. You can see the side of the PSU and the riser cable...

NZXT is under me nowadays :)
I've been chasing my NZXT contact for more information but the short answer is yes, we will list this case.

Good to know :)

Soldato
I'm still undecided on this case. The 140 AIO may be a little under spec for my 3900x. Then there's the issue of the GPU cooking itself because some of the air is hitting the glass.

The glass looks nice but I think it's a little wasted, no real room for tasteful RGB. You can see the side of the PSU and the riser cable..

I'm a bit concerned by the GPU situation.

There's no ventilation under the case where the IO is. So blower coolers are basically doomed. Figured I could just swap the cooler on my 5700 XT for an Accelero or Morpheus. But nope. 2.5 slot restriction looks to be too tight (I really wish they'd give proper measurements). So I'd likely need a new GPU. It's likely to cost me something in the region of £50-£80 to swap to a basic aftermarket design 5700 XT.

So £299 for the case, PSU and cooler (less ~£100 from the sale of old parts) + £330 for a new GPU (less ~£270 from the sale of the old one) + ~£80-£100 for a 1TB NVME or SSD (main storage is currently a 3.5" drive). All in, ~£350 to change to a smaller case, potentially with GPU cooling issues due to the front glass. Hmmm...

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
Yea I think as a swap it's a harder thing to justify. I already have a Corsair SF750 which is a better PSU than the rebranded Seasonic 650 in the H1. I have a Noctua D15 on my 3900 which is superior to the 140 AIO. I have options in terms of fans and GPU cooling in my Lian Li TU150. The only thing this case has is it looks really nice and is smaller. I do question the point of going smaller though, for the sake of going smaller. The TU150 isn't exactly a beast and the additional space I would gain from the H1 wouldn't make a bit of difference to how I use my desk space.

I think the H1 makes sense for those doing a new build with space constraints and aren't packing a lot of power hungry components into a chassis.

Associate
I'm a bit concerned by the GPU situation.

There's no ventilation under the case where the IO is. So blower coolers are basically doomed. Figured I could just swap the cooler on my 5700 XT for an Accelero or Morpheus. But nope. 2.5 slot restriction looks to be too tight (I really wish they'd give proper measurements). So I'd likely need a new GPU. It's likely to cost me something in the region of £50-£80 to swap to a basic aftermarket design 5700 XT.

So £299 for the case, PSU and cooler (less ~£100 from the sale of old parts) + £330 for a new GPU (less ~£270 from the sale of the old one) + ~£80-£100 for a 1TB NVME or SSD (main storage is currently a 3.5" drive). All in, ~£350 to change to a smaller case, potentially with GPU cooling issues due to the front glass. Hmmm...
The GPU is mounted sideways so that its air intake is directly from the side panel (Which is drilled with ventilation holes). The airflow intakes are both sides of the case with the back of the case being exhaust. Images for reference.

feature-5-a7dcdcddf748dbf17a25e52c167d927d72e569f9e899c87d025057338a0416d3.png
feature-4-67adf3144b68a84e370993ae2b1c7d0f96b79040a74b3f0192acaba2bf5aff3b.png

Soldato
It doesn't seem to be an intake problem, but an exhaust one. The GPU pushes waste air toward the front and back panels. The back panel is vented, so there's no problem there. But the front panel is glass, so there's no effective exhaust for any hot air on that side.

Overall, none of the reviews have suggested it's a massive problem. More of a niggle; if the case had a way of dealing with that air then both CPU and GPU temps would be really good.

Also just realised my RAM doesn't fit either. So I'd need to change that as well. The H1 is seeming like an expensive swap TBH due to little niggles. If I was building from scratch, this case would be top of the list. I'm still tempted.

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OP
The GPU is mounted sideways so that its air intake is directly from the side panel (Which is drilled with ventilation holes). The airflow intakes are both sides of the case with the back of the case being exhaust. Images for reference.

feature-5-a7dcdcddf748dbf17a25e52c167d927d72e569f9e899c87d025057338a0416d3.png
feature-4-67adf3144b68a84e370993ae2b1c7d0f96b79040a74b3f0192acaba2bf5aff3b.png

What the image doesn't show is the air from the GPU hitting the glass and being recirculated by the GPU since the air is exhausted from both sides of the GPU.

Associate
Thats the top of the GPU though. There will be barley any airflow coming through the top.

Honeslty, i'm sure the temps & airflow in this case will be fine.
We won't know for sure until we've had our hands on the case but i'm fairly certian NZXT will have done their research with this.

Back
Top Bottom