NZXT H1

Soldato
Question - I notice the PSU has spare ports, but no spare cables were included.
I have a need for a fully powered SATA header (externally, just below the case), switched by the PC coming on.. From internal PSU would be ideal.

Any idea where I can get a cable for this, ideally using spare ports on PSU?
Using all internal 2.5" slots.

Thanks,
Sam

Soldato
CPU fan into cpu_fan and pump fan into pump_fan. I've got 3xNoctua A4x20 connected to sys_fan.

I have it setup in my bios so that pump_fan uses DC. This allows me to set a 4 point fan curve with it. I have it running at about 2900 RPM when idle, which is silent to me (note that when I set it too low it just turns off completely, so there's a minimum there somewhere). When the CPU starts getting heated it spins faster, but by this point the CPU fan drowns out the sound anyways. It's not perfect as CPU temperature and water temperature most likely differ, but it works for me and supports a 5Ghz all core OC on a 10700k.

I had to go in bios to turn down AIO pump speed as well. The pump made a loud hissing noise. I turned it down 50% Don't know if that's good to do that, but now the pumps much quieter

Associate
Very happy with my H1. Looks great on the desk, super easy to build in and has a good quality feel to it. There should be more vertical cases in my opinion. If you want a beefy card in here I'd probably recommend buying a ventilated front panel, which adds to the cost. My Sapphire Nitro+ 5700xt runs great, but I had to unscrew the top of the case to make room to fit it in.

The one downside that you can't really work around is that there's only a piece of metal mesh between you and your components. In my case I had two GPUs with bad sounding fans. I had to send them both back because I could easily hear their faults. Same if you've got a card with bad coil whine. That's probably a given in any m-itx case, though!

Last edited:
Associate
@ceeK Thanks very much for the reply, I currently have a 1080ti gaming x card, but may be able to swap it out for a 2070s, if i did go with the H1 i would definitely get a ventilated front panel.

Case does look amazing, now if i did go with it, Intel or Amd ? God sometimes i hate having to make a decision.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Soldato
I would like to know which air coolers would fit in this case? I’m sure there is a small list somewhere?

I've not seen it I'm speculating but I would be surprised if someone hasn't done it by now or will be done soon. If there is a list I would like to see it as it would peak my interest in the case if the AIO can be replaced with an air cooler

Soldato
@OcUK - PREDATOR

Hi, while I'm still going around in circles deciding whether or not to order this case I was wondering if the August drop was full yet or if I would be guaranteed one if I placed an order for a white one?

Also will you take the money straight away or when its shipped?

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a great case, worth the wait. I don't think there's anything else quite like it right now.

That's why I want it the footprint is perfect and it comes in white, I just don't want the AIO even more so that it's 3 pin I think that's a very odd decision by NZXT

The only other alternatives that are similar are the Silverstone LD-03 which doesn't come in white or the Phanteks Shift which also doesn't come in white and nothing else on the horizon thats similar

Back
Top Bottom