NZXT H1

Soldato
3090 can't fit anyway, it's 3 slot where as the H1 is only 2 slot but the fans don't work that way, the bottom pulls air in from the front of the case and the top one pushes air up and out the back of the case assuming it's in a traditional ATX case

I forgot about the H1 not having full triple slot support. Isn't it 2.7 or something?

As for airflow design, the fan closest to the PCI bracket exhausts straight through the vented PCI bracket like a blower does. The other fan pulls air through the card, with waste air exiting the backplate. The latter may not be too bad in the H1, if the addition of 40mm fans in that area can encourage the waste air to exhaust out of the rear of the case. But the former will be an issue. Blowers are a known problem for this case, as hot air gets trapped in the IO area.

Associate
I forgot about the H1 not having full triple slot support. Isn't it 2.7 or something?

As for airflow design, the fan closest to the PCI bracket exhausts straight through the vented PCI bracket like a blower does. The other fan pulls air through the card, with waste air exiting the backplate. The latter may not be too bad in the H1, if the addition of 40mm fans in that area can encourage the waste air to exhaust out of the rear of the case. But the former will be an issue. Blowers are a known problem for this case, as hot air gets trapped in the IO area.

Ahhhh yeah I see what you mean:

geforce-rtx-30-series-dual-axial-flow-through-visualization-1024x541.png

With a bit Dremel of the case it might be able to fit haha.

Soldato
I think it will work ok tbh but I do have an additional 140mm zip tied to the back of my case extracting air from the top of the gpu.

Hot air blowing out the bottom could be an issue....or I could zip tie another 140mm towards the bottom.
My case is hidden behind my monitor so aesthetics are not my concern.

Soldato
Whats everyones Temps in the h1? This is an option im looking as as im building a new comp for my son hes got a h200i

xOmovdIl.jpg
Thats after gaming for an hour.
Hottest days of the year I hit 40oC... But I am fairly unique and have waterwooling and a large external radiator.

Ryzen 5 2600 and Nvidia 1080 (non Ti), both overclocked.

Last edited:
Soldato
Whats everyones Temps in the h1? This is an option im looking as as im building a new comp for my son hes got a h200i

In my case (heh!) my 3950X gets to the low 70's in gaming and my GB 2070S also nudges into the low 70's. This is with everything at "stock" albeit the 1USMUS powerful profile and tweaks for the CPU. It should be noted that as my GPU has the zero fan option it does idle in the 40's and 50's as there is basically no airflow beyond convection.

I am looking at replacing the 2070S with a 3080 albeit will be a 3rd party one as I can't see the FE model working at all with the case design. Maybe as others have suggested above it would work with extra exhaust fans but until someone tries we won't really know.

Soldato
Received and installed a new vented front panel from Artesian Builds today, dark maple solar system design.
Looks and even smells great, as the case heats up you can smell the wood getting warm.

Bonus it is does improve cooling, can feel A LOT of hot air coming from the GPU side of the case.
Seems to bring down temps about 3-4c across the board.

Associate
Received and installed a new vented front panel from Artesian Builds today, dark maple solar system design.
Looks and even smells great, as the case heats up you can smell the wood getting warm.

Bonus it is does improve cooling, can feel A LOT of hot air coming from the GPU side of the case.
Seems to bring down temps about 3-4c across the board.

Ooh can I see a photo and how much was it ?

Soldato
Total was 68.98 including customs charges. (Customs + duty was 17.41)

Cant seem to get a decent picture at the moment as it always comes up much lighter than it is to the eye.

Associate
Bugger looks like this will have to settle on an rtx 3070. I’m not going to upgrade the psu. Couldn’t even if I wanted to as it’s out of stock.

Seems to a massive shortage of SFF 750W PSUs

Back
Top Bottom