NZXT H1

Associate

cheers for that so an Rtx 3080 should run fine in the nzxt h1. I can always swap in a 3700 into it and take the 3900 out which would gIve me 51 watts to play with if I need it.

however it my be Xmas or next year before I’m able to get a rtx 3080 that also fits

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, I finally completed my mod on the H1, what I did:

Paint job: case was all black
Custom rear panel: created a custom spacer to fit 2 x 120mm low profile Noctua fan to extract hot air
Custom front panel: replaced the tempered glass with a custom panel made of acrylic and aluminium

I got much better temps gaming, with the Gpu at about 65 degrees. If you're interested into know better how I modded it here's the worklog: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/project-h1.18882092/

Here's some pictures of the final mod, hope you like it! Full gallery here: https://imgur.com/gallery/qeULQoB

ThSo0Mb.jpg

Y8z8uMK.jpg

vdu1Fft.jpg

QUMVQUd.jpg

dwAS0OT.jpg

elJpwJM.jpg

Associate
I have been browsing the Etsy Mods. They look lovely but with postage they are around £70 and then you add custom charges with that. Basically a new case is almost cheaper !

Associate
Been sat on my H1 since late June waiting for new component releases. Getting close to Ryzen 5000 release and with a EVGA 3080 going in and seeing some of the temps others have got on Reddit wondering if the rear fan mods are a must.

Anyone know if anyone in UK is selling them though? Already had to pay customs once on the custom front panel so will if I have to just wondered if I’m missing an obvious UK solution. Obviously can PM me if you want to avoid “competitor” discussion.

Associate
Been sat on my H1 since late June waiting for new component releases. Getting close to Ryzen 5000 release and with a EVGA 3080 going in and seeing some of the temps others have got on Reddit wondering if the rear fan mods are a must.

Anyone know if anyone in UK is selling them though? Already had to pay customs once on the custom front panel so will if I have to just wondered if I’m missing an obvious UK solution. Obviously can PM me if you want to avoid “competitor” discussion.

hey where in UK are you? I could mod it for you

Associate
hey where in UK are you? I could mod it for you

Cornwall sadly. Quite a ways away. What’s even more annoying is I used to travel to London twice a month for work before the disease arrived.

I’ve seen a couple of designs that could be 3D printed which might work. Anywhere do 3D printing as a service?

Soldato
Cornwall sadly. Quite a ways away. What’s even more annoying is I used to travel to London twice a month for work before the disease arrived.

I’ve seen a couple of designs that could be 3D printed which might work. Anywhere do 3D printing as a service?

Check your local library, mine does it for free.

Associate

I've seen people attaching fans externally, in my opinion even with a 3d printed housing it looks bad. Just make 4 bars 15mm wide, 3mm thick acrylic, separate the back panel from the back frame, glue or tape with vhb the two together using the spacers and then you can install 2 15mm noctua fans, much better results!

Back
Top Bottom