NZXT Sentry 3 sensor

Soldato
Do you mean connectors in Sentry 3 or best sensor locations?

If you want it measuring CPU temperature it should be attached to heatspreader of CPU or base of heatsink.
But that's anyway inprecise and would be pretty much better let motherboard control CPU heatsink fan.

Measuring ambient temperature inside case near top rear of the case would be usefull for controlling case fans.

https://sta3-nzxtcorporation.netdna...hment/150/Sentry-03-manual-multi-language.pdf

Soldato
OP
Yeah sensor location. It's for the 5 case fans, 2 at the front, 2 on top, 1 on the side.

Like an idiot i was curious to how the Corsair h50 was sitting on the cpu, unscrewed it, then realised I would need some new thermal paste. So had a mad dash to the shops before it shut. Now I've just noticed one of the nuts that it screws into has has dropped, so looks like i'll need to take the mother board out. :mad:

Soldato
You want case airflow to scale with heat output of of parts.
So best place is where it can "smell" heat coming from graphics card and CPU.
Or in this case heat rising from graphics card as you should have radiator exhausting CPU's heat straight out from the case.

If also graphics card has rear exhausting reference blower/radial fan cooler, then there won't be much of heat left inside case.

Soldato
OP
Well redoing the cpu heatsink has knocked off around 10c, it's now sitting at 41c where as last night it was at 52c.

I was never happy with the way the case fans were connected through splitters, with wires going everywhere. So this has cleaned that up. And I can turn them down when I'm not doing anything that requires them.

I put the sensor just above the cpu in the end. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom