Oakley

Soldato
Bought a pair of Oakley sunglasses when I was in Orlando a few years back and the other month the arm broke. Took it a local opticians that sells Oakley who said it had to be sent off as they were unable to fix them. Send the glasses off Monday/Tuesday and got a call today from Oakley informing me that there is an inherant problem with the design and so were offering to replace them with a free pair of either Square Whisker or Splinter. So went for the polished black/black iridium polarised square whiskers. So a $200 pair of glasses for free :cool:

Gotta love the service from them.

Associate
Yeah I have had a pair of X-Metal now for years and they are superb, but its nice to know if I ever need any help from their customer services then its there. Cheers for the info

Caporegime
I've got two pairs of Oakleys, both wires, i hate the cheap looking plastic ones, first set cost me £270+ and the second set £150, you get the odd person moaning at you for spending that much, but like everything in life its worth paying more for some things.

Soldato
OP
But not free as you paid for the ones being replaced :confused: Did you get a refund and a replacement?

If you are being really picky, then technically they are not free as I'm not being refunded for the broken pair.

But it means I don't have to pay for another pair or pay to get the broken ones fixed.

Soldato
If you are being really picky, then technically they are not free as I'm not being refunded for the broken pair.

But it means I don't have to pay for another pair or pay to get the broken ones fixed.

I don't think that's really picky! They're clearly not free and this is the least you should expect from a faulty product!

Still, nice glasses, I've got a couple of pairs and have been very pleased with them.

Man of Honour
I've got two pairs of Oakleys, both wires, i hate the cheap looking plastic ones, first set cost me £270+ and the second set £150, you get the odd person moaning at you for spending that much, but like everything in life its worth paying more for some things.

The way I look at it is that the glasses will a) last me considerably longer than most cheap pairs of glasses so in terms of cost per use it becomes negligible and b) it's your eyesight, simply not worth skimping on.

I need to see at some point if I can get new lenses for my Eye Jackets, they must be kicking on for ten years old now and still are perfect apart from one lens where my mate face planted into the sand this summer.

Back
Top Bottom