Obsidian New RPG Avowed

Associate
Read that as "Arrowed" multiple times. Which would have been a great name for a Skryim-type RPG :p

Then realised it was "Avowed". Which is a fairly boring name :p

Maybe I could start a new Skyrim as a Nord nicknamed Arrowed who used to be an adventurer but is now a guard because...
Might need a mod to make being a guard worthwhile though.

Soldato
Are we sure the concept gameplay trailer isn't fake? It has 14 year old kid narration and music all over it.

EDIT: Leaving my above comment in to remind me I am the dumb some times.

Associate
Are we sure the concept gameplay trailer isn't fake? It has 14 year old kid narration and music all over it.

EDIT: Leaving my above comment in to remind me I am the dumb some times.
TBH if you skip the start like i did, you miss the text saying it has nothing to do with it.

Caporegime
Not a fan either.

I was gutted when I found out BG3 is just another Divinity game with a reskin.
BG is already wrapped up as a story. I'm not fond of re-using names for the sake of it.

By all accounts, BG3 has absolutely nothing in common with the BG Trilogy. The name makes about as much sense as calling it a Call of Duty sequel.

Associate
Yes, PoE is a good game - but it requires a lot of grinding to create any build. Obsidian has some good games, my favorite is Fallout nv. I am eager to experience an adventure. I can't find information, will there be a multiplayer option?

Soldato
I like the atmosphere of the trailer. Some more info https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/avowed-release-date-gameplay-trailer-pillars-of-eternity/

The following are just rumors at the moment, and haven't been confirmed. Here's what Sponger had to say:

• Avowed will be "fully open world" and much larger than Skyrim, but not necessarily in total size. The world will be "denser" and "more contrasted"—which presumably means diverse.
  • The main setting will be The Living Lands region of Eora, which is a northern frontier not seen directly in either Pillars of Eternity game.
  • There will be a "big focus" on world reactivity, lighting, and next-gen AI systems.
  • There will be a real-time weather system.
  • Character creation is supposed to be very advanced and detailed.
  • Mod support is planned.
  • The world will have lots of factions, but they won't be similar to Skyrim's factions.
  • You will be able to enlist the help of companions, but it is supposedly very different to how it works in Obsidian's other recent RPG, The Outer Worlds.
  • The game will feature boss battles that happen on a very large scale.
  • Two large cities are being planned, with smaller settlements dotting the map and large areas of wilderness.
  • Creatures and wildlife will be based on Pillars of Eternity lore but will make new additions.
  • "Dynamic presentation of dialogue"—whatever that might mean.
  • Obsidian wants to make it possible to kill anyone in the game, similar to how Morrowind let players terminate the main plot by killing certain key characters.
  • Around 100 people are working on the game currently, and it's been in development for two years with seven months of pre-production.
  • The target release window is late 2022 or early 2023.

Associate
It is a pity that this premiere is late. I haven't seen a good new RPG for a long time - only MMOs focused on grinding (I like it, but I would like something else). I love Obsidian (a lot of the crew have their roots in Black Isle)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It is a pity that this premiere is late. I haven't seen a good new RPG for a long time - only MMOs focused on grinding (I like it, but I would like something else). I love Obsidian (a lot of the crew have their roots in Black Isle)
Yeah, I love a good RPG, but hate MMO’s as I do not have the time for that (even if I did, feels wasteful) due to the grinding and slow levelling. I like to play single player experiences that I know have an ending.

Hopefully we get a new Elder Scrolls soon. Skyrim was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom