• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OC cancelled duplicate order. AAARGH!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
On launch day September 17th, I ordered the EVGA 3080 Black at 15:16. I've always had EVGA cards, they're a very trusted brand. Over the following days OC stopped EVGA pre-orders as it crystallised that they are unlikely to get any stock anytime soon. Latest queue update: no 161.

Following these developments I made a more informed decision to also pre-order the Asus TUF OC, on 21.09. at 15:57. Way too late it seemed, but at least they seemed to get those in and potentially a lot more likely to obtain than the EVGA. Also it was a reviewer's favourite. Latest queue update: no 521.

Today, just now, OC cancelled that 2nd order with the comment that they're limiting one card per customer. Fair enough, but where the heck are the EVGA cards in the UK?!? I'm so angry!!

Soldato
You've probably got as much chance of finding out about EVGAs stock levels directly from them as you have of getting that info from OCUK, basically no-one knows.

You also realise these threads are getting closed left, right, and center.

Associate
OP
why are you angry? You broke the rules and lost the second order. You should have cancelled the EVGA order.

At the time of the 2nd order I really wasn't aware of any rules regarding one per customer. I'm sorry if that was negligent on my behalf.

Stay tuned though, I'm on the phone with OC right now and it seems the most unlikely miracle may be happening as they're trying to swap the product on the first order...!

Associate
OP
Ok so if what just happened wasn't just a dream and they really made it possible, I'm going to sing the high praises of Over Clockers UK right now. :)

Basically that 2nd order is cancelled, that's irrevertible.

What the gentleman on the phone just did though was add the Asus TUF OC to that first order and get rid of the EVGA, whilst keeping my position in the queue - apparently now number 30!!

So I basically just seemed to have jumped from position 521 to 30 in the Asus TUF OC queue! :eek::eek: And I can keep Watchdogs Legion too, which was already not included in that 2nd order.

Well I suppose I need to apologise to all who may have just dropped one space in the Asus TUF OC queue.

And I hope OC won't be inundated with calls from people with launch day EVGA pre-orders this afternoon, if they read this (better delete the whole post haha :D)!

Ocu

Ocu

Associate
What the gentleman on the phone just did though was add the Asus TUF OC to that first order and get rid of the EVGA, whilst keeping my position in the queue - apparently now number 30!!

So I basically just seemed to have jumped from position 521 to 30 in the Asus TUF OC queue! :eek::eek: And I can keep Watchdogs Legion too, which was already not included in that 2nd order.

Well I suppose I need to apologise to all who may have just dropped one space in the Asus TUF OC queue.

And I hope OC won't be inundated with calls from people with launch day EVGA pre-orders this afternoon, if they read this (better delete the whole post haha :D)!

Glad you got your way but this is not OK for everyone else. I thought they said no queue jumping. wtf

Associate
Ok so if what just happened wasn't just a dream and they really made it possible, I'm going to sing the high praises of Over Clockers UK right now. :)

Basically that 2nd order is cancelled, that's irrevertible.

I am so glad I managed to get my card elsewhere... They said from the 1st no queue jumping!!

Overclockers are a complete shambles.

Good luck everyone.

Associate
OP
Glad you got your way but this is not OK for everyone else. I thought they said no queue jumping. wtf

Well it's not exactly queue jumping, just swapping out the product... but I can see what you mean.

Mods, delete the post please. But I want you to know that I love you very much. ;)

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

He’s talking nonsense. I make it a habit not to believe anyone with less posts than I have toes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom