OC Problems. X6800 / DFI Infinity 975x

Soldato
ChrisJSY said:
No they don't :confused:
It's the DFI board having passive cooling on the NB , meaning you need to really buy a new one.
Which practically every review overclocking on it failed to mention, and the temps in my room are nice.

I'm a little dissapointed with this DFI board, to be honest I was going with the ASUS originally but a friend mentioned this would be better, now i'm regretting it, i'll wait till he gets his and see how it fairs up.

For now, ....hmmm on the search for a good NB hsf.
That's only because it is an Infinity series. LanParty are the good boards - the infinity is no better than a.... Gigabyte :p :D. Kidding - but the Infinity series is pap - LP is the great clocking, all options board.

Soldato
OP
I'm not sure if this is considered a 'competitors' link... this is more of a manufacturers link, but please correct me if I am wrong.

http://www.coolermaster-europe.com/...UCL-L4U1&other_title=+RT-UCL-L4U1+Blue Ice II

That may be too big with my Vapochill HSF in the way tho :/

edit:
I guess im happy as is anyway with the whole system, can play anything and everything I have in full full full :D

when I do need to overclock however, I guess I will get a new mobo THEN.
But where's the fun in that, I didn't buy a X6800 for that reason, I bought it to go like hell! :D

Now the back of my mind is spinning words like phase-change/water cooling, make it stop, aah!

Back
Top Bottom