1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Discussion in 'HTML, Graphics & Programming' started by Adz, 8 May 2005.

1. baz_

Gangster

hey guys, any recommendations for reseller Cpanel hosts? Ive seen a lot of resellers that charge a fortune for what i would class as standard such as litespeed, I was looking at stablehost but they want £59 per month for litespeed which has been normal in Cpanel for many years.

2. superleeds27

Wise Guy

Stablepoint or Krystal.

From what i've heard and read, Litespeed isn't really needed?

3. Steeps

Soldato

Krystal have a reseller package which is great for more normal sites, think they have Litespeed by default. They're working on a new package for Lightmage as the hosting I need wants 2gb ram for software installation (but doesn't need it for usage). I was tempted with the stablepoint package but I only need 10 accounts and I don't think I can persuade my employer to jump from £18/mo to £60 when we only need the extra cpanel accounts for legacy sites we can't delete yet.

4. WoodyUK

Soldato

Litespeed isn't something that is standard or commonly offered without an increase in cost, to give you an idea of what it costs the hosts to have it installed on a server:
    https://www.litespeedtech.com/products/litespeed-web-server/lsws-pricing

I can honestly say that it's not even installed on 5% of the cPanel servers out there and it's only really beneficial (from a price per performance perspective) to e-commerce stores or oversold shared web-hosting servers.

20i and Krystal are good for performance / price if you prefer a top-name brand.

Last edited: 10 Sep 2020