OC(UK) Host Review :-)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
killsta said:
The ochostreview site is up and down like a yoyo :(

No it hasn't. It's been down for an hour (issue was a little more complicated than a single lockup). To my recollection, that's the first time the server has ever crashed in 18 months of service.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused ;).

Soldato
One problem with the system is that if there's a site with a single 10/10 review, it will be above a site with 500 10/10 reviews and just one 9/10 review :/
Would be good if you could fix that :)

Soldato
Inquisitor said:
One problem with the system is that if there's a site with a single 10/10 review, it will be above a site with 500 10/10 reviews and just one 9/10 review :/
Would be good if you could fix that :)

You can sort by Number of Reviews :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Daz has come up with a formula for weighting the reviews based on the average rating and the number of ratings but I haven't had time to test it yet. As Killsta says though, you can sort by number of reviews then it's pretty easy to see who the 'favourites' are.

Man of Honour
hey Adz jsut seen this great idea :)..

Just added a few, but some how got a double post for ourinternt :confused:
could you remove the one I didnt rate..

Thanks

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Thanks, fixed it. Lazy coder couldn't be bothered to validate the domains ;).

(Looks at Matt's sig domain)

Don't forget, the list is not only for virtual hosts but also for domain registration and dedicated server providers too :).

Soldato

Adz

Adz

Soldato
OP
Wow I didn't realise you were an OcUK member Crocket :).

The site probably just belongs to some kid with a $5/month reseller account in the states. It's not worth your time pursuing him - he'll probably get bored with 'hosting' in a week or two and take the site down anyway.

Associate
Associate
Adz said:
Wow I didn't realise you were an OcUK member Crocket :).

The site probably just belongs to some kid with a $5/month reseller account in the states. It's not worth your time pursuing him - he'll probably get bored with 'hosting' in a week or two and take the site down anyway.

Yes, but any customers he does get are going to be in the "crap" then!

Have you noticed the guy is a apparent "director" when the company is not Ltd, or PLC, etc, and not registered at companies house!

Blatently ripped off our old site, which we replaced like a week ago!

BTW.. that guy, used to be hosted by us, we let him go due to insecure accounts, didn't care about the scripts he was using etc (PHP SSH, Anything PHP Uploaders etc)

Man of Honour
Oooh, another webhost. Hi, Crocket :)

People who rip off sites like this *generally* aren't worth pursuing to more than a letter/e-mail/phonecall. It's normally too minor to bring in law enforcement and abuse departments.

It's much more fun to chuckle at them safe in the knowledge that your company is secure and successful, and that they evidently lack the talent you do :)*

Associate
Beansprout said:
Oooh, another webhost. Hi, Crocket :)

People who rip off sites like this *generally* aren't worth pursuing to more than a letter/e-mail/phonecall. It's normally too minor to bring in law enforcement and abuse departments.

It's much more fun to chuckle at them safe in the knowledge that your company is secure and successful, and that they evidently lack the talent you do :)*

Yep exactly, All I sent was a letter basically "remove it or legal action may be taken" - I am not going to take it to court, I don't have the time and would rather spend the time doing other things!

It's just rather cheeky, a past customer just rips your text! Like it's free or something :o

I'm not too bothered!

Back
Top Bottom