OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
But it's got squats in the name, you should be all over like 50 Cent is on fat kids and cake. Or something like that.

punk. What I do here is a public service. These kids now squat instead of doing fag **** like bicep curls and bench press. They will thank me in 10 years. Just you wait.

Then they will buy me houses in 60 years when they're the only ones they're age who can still run around because they have knees of robots due to following Killa_Ken's Workouts :cool:

Soldato
punk. What I do here is a public service. These kids now squat instead of doing fag **** like bicep curls and bench press.

I see a lot of people who do nothing but bicep curls and bench press. I can honestly say that I have never seen these people do anything else.

Chest and biceps it seems are the most important muscles in our body and they must be in peak condition.

Associate
Front Squats suite me perfectly. I hurt my back doing normal squats and couldn't do any gym work for about 9 months, I now find front squats put much less pressure on my lower back :)

Soldato
I see a lot of people who do nothing but bicep curls and bench press. I can honestly say that I have never seen these people do anything else.

Chest and biceps it seems are the most important muscles in our body and they must be in peak condition.

It depends entirely what the persons goals are. Of course you can't just do these two things and believe me I've seen it all, each time I'm in the gym two jokers I like to call Pec & Bi because these are the only muscles they train.

Bench press & Bicep isolation movements do have a place in routines and I'm a little surprised to see most people bashing them. If you're training purely for strength or power then sure there are others that are going to be better but if you're training from a bodybuilding perspective then bench press can really hit your chest if done perfectly and bicep isolation movements are a great way to bring up what you feel is weak about them. For example adding more of a peak, or a more rounded appearence.

Personally I mix up DB Bench and BB Bench. I will only do isolation movements if I feel I need to.

It all depends on your personal goals and what you're training for.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
clearly OH squats !> * then, given the context that squats was mentioned for you to return with oh squats > * :p

ok fine its not the best for mass gains, what i really meant was in general more people should do them because they are simply so hard to do :p

Associate
Was doing squats (proper ones..) for the first time in like 15 years last friday never used much weight taking it easy proper form etc. and it felt good. Friday evening I was like feel fresh after my gym session and started to think maybe I should load a bit more weight for my next session...

Then woke up on Saturday morning and was like WTH I can't move my legs, still a bit sore today but feeling good for my next squat session :)

Caporegime
1 - it's half a snatch, not hard :confused:.
2 - how so? if you're doing them right they should atleast be the same.

1 - its a very technical move, not one to be tried by noobs for a start.
It would take time to get used to doing sets of OHs, time which could be better spent doing a more conventional squat.

2 - thats like saying a deadlift is a deadlift, so all will be as effective as others, but we all know that SLDLs / RDLs and normal deadlifts do not all do the same things.

front squats put more emphasis on different muscles compared to back squats, over heads will put emphasis on different muscles again, also, it requires a lot more thought about where the weight is as its above your head with your arms stretched high. You are going for hypertrophy, so your thoughts should be on the target muscles, not keeping a weight steady in the air. This is not about olympic lifting, its about building muscle ;]

Soldato
over heads will put emphasis on different muscles again, also, it requires a lot more thought about where the weight is as its above your head with your arms stretched high. You are going for hypertrophy, so your thoughts should be on the target muscles, not keeping a weight steady in the air. This is not about olympic lifting, its about building muscle ;]
you're not meant to have your arms high, if you're doing it right the weight shouldn't need any concentration. The mistake I see people making over and over is that they hold the weight with a far too narrow grip, the same way they would for a military press.

The only reason oly lifters aren't big is because they need to stay within their weight class. I wouldn't be suprised if olympic lifts are better at building muscle than power lifts, as long as you do them right. ;)

Associate
OK, my curiosity has got the better of me. Killa_Ken, do you have a picture on here? I know you must have but please don't say it's somewhere in this thread or in another 100 page thread cos I don't fancy an hour trying to find it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom