OcUK Case Range - your comments please

Soldato
Fatboy said:
We used to have great success with modding cases we even had a CNC machine for cutting holes in case sides. The market for this I feel is now very small might be worth trying to kick start it again.

Now though most cases that would be suitable candidates for the modifications have already been done by the manufacturer.

In answer to the v1200+ I will answer probably for OcUK on that one, its a rubbish case unless you need to run eATX and should not really be considered over a v1000+ as it adds nothing to the specification thats useful, I have yet to find a rad that will fit in the v1200+ that wont in the v1000+ etc.

Oh OcUK sell the PC7+, to me that is the mid range. :p

Is it possible to drop a email to you or someone please Spie as I have a few cases that may be worth looking at. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Fatboy said:
We used to have great success with modding cases we even had a CNC machine for cutting holes in case sides. The market for this I feel is now very small might be worth trying to kick start it again.

Yeah, OCUK case personalisation of the top-end rigs that you guys offer, as well as a colour service for the top-end Lian-Li's would be great. There are others that offer this service, but competition is always good for the consumer.

I do agreee with Yewen, many mods are already in place, but colours and cuts is an option I'm sure many would welcome at the right price.

regards
raja

Last edited:
Soldato
chimaera said:
I'd also like to see a bigger selection of mid-range cases, you get your cheapo ones then ultra expensive £100+, but nothing much in between for about £60.
suicidle_tramp said:
The only thing that I could comment on is the detail that is said about the cases. Maybe more pictures of the case if possible?
I second both of those, only really thought about it properly after reading their suggestions.

Permabanned
Also on some of the lian li accessories you do have the pricing is not very competitive. For example the drive covers with set you back almost £10 each here but i have seen competitors with exactly the same things for £5.88 inc vat.

Also get the vantec fan controllers back in!!! There is so many plasticky crappy fan controllers about but the vantec 205 fan controllers for 3 1/2 bays were good quality and a decent price. Competitors have them at £12-15 each. (In silver and black)

Soldato
You should have some mail coming your way now. :)

Yeh, the blower fan or the fan casing should also be considerer, as these are able to be used on almost all new Lian Li cases somewhere.

Soldato
Spie said:
Thanks folks. Will get to work on these ideas on Monday.

Will probably be more during the week, this forum dies during the weekends but on a weekday has about 10x more active posters. :)

Yeh you really should get in on the Lian Li S80 in the next shipment they do, as I want one. :p

Soldato
With cases I think it's especially important to have good, large pictures. On a couple of occasions I've had to go elsewhere to see pictures of something and then bought from a competitor just because I was already on their site to get a closer look at a product.

Soldato
Fatboy said:
That would be awesome :)
So long as the price is right It would definetly get use.

As to pictures, It would be awesome to have some high res images of each case. Perhaps a user reviews section where we can add our own (instead of having to search the forums)

Permabanned
I agree with what Yewen has said and More accessories would be excellent.

I do agree with people suggestions about getting Fan controllers, braiding, modding kits etc as i find myself looking at competitors for those

:)

Soldato
One thing no-one has mentioned yet is that you seem very slow to get the new cases in to stock. I bought a Silverstone TJ-08 from elsewhere because they had them MONTHS ago. I'll wait a couple of weeks for you guys to get one in, but it was almost 3 months and even then, you are £11 more expensive.

I bought a Lian Li V600B from a competitor on Friday because I need one now and calling OcUK just gets 'we don't know when we might have one'. So we end up buying elsewhere.

Sorry to come over all negative, but I travel up and down the M6 past J15 all the time and generally your pricing is among, if not THE, best so why would I want to buy anywhere else?

I do understand that it must be horrifically expensive to stock windows and parts for cases that you'll maybe only ever sell 5 or 6 of though. I know of at least one of your competitors that claims to have stock, but actually calls it off from their suppliers at 8 hours notice which still allows them to direct despatch for next day delivery. That's great for mail-order, but their in-store service is not very good at all!

Generally, OcUK is the #1 computer store in the UK at the moment, it doesn't need a big overhaul - just a couple of tweaks maybe?

Oh, and while I've got your attention - PLEASE get the b-grade and clearance sections properly integrated into the main stock/ordering system as it's such a pain to be told in-store that it's sold then order it from the laptop in *** car and pay £8 to have it delivered to the office the next day!

Thanks.

[EDIT]And what's with the naim sig piccy? Linn is where it's at - always has been and always will be. Phone up and ask Ivor to take you for a run up the Clyde in his Skorpion![/EDIT]

Last edited:
Associate
[EDIT]And what's with the naim sig piccy? Linn is where it's at - always has been and always will be. Phone up and ask Ivor to take you for a run up the Clyde in his Skorpion![/EDIT][/QUOTE]

DIY SET triodes, single driver full range speakers......

Soldato
OV3RCLOCK3R said:

I do agree with people suggestions about getting Fan controllers, braiding, modding kits etc as i find myself looking at competitors for those

Totally agree with that, OC.UK is great for OCing kit but pretty poor for modding accessories, lighting and fan grills for example.

Soldato
OV3RCLOCK3R said:

Oops ,double post, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom