OcUK Case Range - your comments please

Associate
Hi, as mentioned by many other here I’d like to see some fan filters, rubber molding edging is a must imo.

And this may be a bit far fetched for the site... but i'm interested in getting one atm, a projector.

Soldato
The price is more in keeping with the normal pricing, when you acount for getting the case with a whole PC it still works out cheaper.

Just give it a while and I am sure they will adjust there pricing acordingly.

Soldato
I know it's a old thread, but pester Coolermaster to make nice cases like the 110 and that new 840, most of their latest offerings are horrible looking :(

Coolermaster seem too "mass market" focus'd compared to the old days :(

However they do have some very good cases at the moment. But I know what you mean with the simplistic designed 840 etc

Soldato
Delayed post, but my thoughts:

I've bought at least 4, maybe 5 cases from OcUK, but they've all been low end. That's the only region where the prices were competitive. Most of them were Akasa and Coolermaster.

I went to another popular online UK store for my P182SE, purely as OcUK did not have stock of it at the time.

I recently bought an Antec Micro Fusion for £69.99 including delivery from another online UK store. The OcUK price is nowhere near this (whether it was a special offer or not, the price was still much less), and I can see that a lot of the high end cases with low turnover are fairly highly priced, which isn't unreasonable I suppose. The price discrepancy isn't usually much, and OcUK have always been very good to me, but with that case it was huge so I'd be stupid to get it here. That said, I don't mind paying a little extra for OcUK quality of service.

Overall the range of cases is very good, and there's little cheap tacky nasty stuff that a lot of other places sell. However, the prices can be sometimes uncompetitive and it'd be nice to see some good special offers on them, especially as case prices seem to have rocketed since the downturn.

Don
Coolermaster seem too "mass market" focus'd compared to the old days :(

However they do have some very good cases at the moment. But I know what you mean with the simplistic designed 840 etc

Yeah, it's a shame, I'm still using my 110 at the moment, it's about 8-9 years old now :o, the 840 is just too big for me.

The closest in comparison now is the lianli or silverstone range

Associate
As mentioned, some Lian Li modding accessories would be good to see. They have plenty stuff on the website but its hard to find places where we can purchase these things. :)

There are quite a few lian-li listed on the site, but the two I'm most interested in are both out of stock.

Side windows for the Lian Li PC-A71FB would be nice to see if they are available as well. :)

Soldato
Case bundles would be nice, by the time you've bought fans and accessories the price shoots up.

I'd also like to see a bigger selection of mid-range cases, you get your cheapo ones then ultra expensive £100+, but nothing much in between for about £60.

this is true.

and also case bundles are a good idea

Associate
Firstly, get the TJ-07 in stock! Failing that, help this guy out please:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=219974

Lian-li bits like the v2 DVD covers would be nice. Folowing along the modding path some things like heatshrink and braiding would be nice along with more watercooling bits and fans (like more gentle typhoons and yateloons).

Oh, and get the lian-li PC-B25F.

Last edited:
Soldato
Indeed, get TJ07 back in.

The guy on XS has done some brilliant work on that case design I would love something like that. Really hope he gets somebody to manufacture it.

Back
Top Bottom