OcUK Case Range - your comments please

Permabanned
I dont know how feasible it would be, but it would be good if you could sort the cases by size, so ITX (you have I know) HTPC, mATX, mid tower, full tower etc

Soldato
Not going to happen in the near future I'm afraid. Shipping stock direct from the US is way too costly and with a poor dollar exchange rate it's not feasable. Maybe if we get into a 2:1 rate again then I can look at it again.

Thing is people know the $ rate is crap, people know these cases will cost the earth, but you know what people will still buy them even if they are allot more here than getting them direct.

Associate
Well I bought all of my gear for my pc from OCUK bar the PSU, my Antec 300 turned and was in excellent condition, and it was cheaper then than now. Looking to get a Dragonlord K62 next.

Soldato
The case range isnt too bad to be honest even if some are overpriced against competitors.

I know its not case related as such but i'ld like to see cable braiding kits etc on sale at OcUK... we need to keep these cases tidy somehow!

Associate
The range of case's and the prices are quite good compared to other online retailers.
However i would like to see a better range of modding accesories for those of us willing to hack piecies out of our case's to get them the way we want them.
Parts like Radiator grills, acrylic sheet's, mesh sheets, rubber U-tube edging,
M3 and M4 screws in longer lengths desinged to attach rads to grills and fans.
There are very few companies in the Uk now offering this service

Soldato
I'd love to see more filter options for:

Full-Tower
Mid-Tower
Mini-Tower/mATX

Currently the only option that sorts by case type as opposed to brand is mini-ITX, can't understand why it stopped there. Be very helpful for people who are looking for a type of case rather than looking to find a case they already know about.

Associate
Personally I'd like to see a greater range of case accesories. for example a competitor has a large range of lian li accesories from extra hdd racks to case windows. Whilst ocuk have cd covers.
Also a lot of the links to 'full specs' are out of date (only really noticed this in the lian li page)

Theres a great range of cases, without any cheap rubbish found elsewhere. And the prices on most things are excelent (atm I can only think of things that are cheaper than elsewere). On occasions the information isn't very clear as to what the specs are, I've had to find myself researching details on cases elsewhere before recomending them to others.

Would it be possible from the case pages to have direct links to reviews of cases?

Overall the pricing is good. Could do with a slightly larger range though, especially HTPC cases. Would also be nice to see some of the newer cases coming into stock faster if possible, ie the new LianLi range. Also as mentioned above a greater range of accessories would be nice.

Well the really good bit first:

You have the Lian Li PC7+ very well priced, but if you could confirm it was 120mm x 120mm and add £3 not £40 like a competitor to the price you would probably see a few more sales.

Onto the bits that I really think you need:

Stock the Lian Li PC7+ side window, and label it as compatable with the PC60 and 7 as the amount of people asking for it and them having to go for a competitor is silly.

You should stock more of the low end Silverstone Lascala cases, having the high end cases is all well and good but most people on these forums at least want the ones below £100 as there HTPC systems are not there main rigs.

You could do with all the new Lian Li cases, bar maybe the G7 as you have the PC60 and PC7+ and its the same case with a different front, may conflict with those two cases.

PC60 should be cheaper, although I know it costs more to get in; compared to the PC7+ in a value for money point of view it is slightly over priced.

You could get rid of the Asus Vento as its a horrible case. :p

One idea is doing case bundles, with a set of fans and a fan controller at a slightly discounted price, but compatable and everything as there seems to be a little call for that as far as I can tell. Maybe a Thermaltake Soprano and an Akasa Eclipse 62 bundle would be a good idea, with a few ££ off for getting the bundle.

There are a couple of decent OEM cases, but I do not know there proper names only the ones branded from competitors, but they would be a good addition to your OcUK value range.

Your Antec Super Lanboy is priced at an amazing level, and comparing it to your OcUK Value range it offers a huge leap in what you get for your money.

I have more but its not forum appropriate due to case names. If you can get Windy cases in at some point it would be a good move, although I know that they are not ok in the EU yet.

I think the nail has been hit on the head with the above three posts.

I buy all my stuff from here as i like free next day delivery, however i have been forced to go elsewhere for my lian li accessories and it annoys me.

I think that linked products is a very good idea, but i wouldnt like to see for example a Lian Li PC7+ cases linked products being a 24" samsung monitor, i would prefer to see things like Bezels, fan controllers, HDD racks etc etc, so just about every compatible Lian Li product (does that make sense)

As a general gripe i would say that your website shows a hell of a lot of stuff as being out of stock, i appreciate that some things are beyond your control, however i believe that people will go elsewhere if they cannot find exactly what they want available on your site.

Soldato
More mods, but most of all more information, for a newbie who want to buy a top end case, they might be put off unless there is more information on airflow, cooling, modding possibilities etc
If they understand why a case costs so much and what you can do with it and the benefits it brings, then I think you will sell more high end cases..

Id also like to see much more on watercooling as my next build in the new year will be watercooled :D

Associate
there are companies that have a lot of quality cases but then theres som...who havnt rly got it, for instance i know asus arent rly into makikng cases but what they have isnt rly the highend. id rly like to see what they can come up with for a full tower cases etc. but anyway OCUK have a great range and i feel comfortable with the selection they have. however i did wanna 922 (or 932) but their currently OOS so had to buy from another, sry =[.

AMG

AMG

Soldato
yeah OCuk have a good range of cases, however i feel that not enough modding stuff as in cable braids etc, fans etc etc

as I only use very few online stores OCUk being one of few

Associate
The case range is great; we could do with a bit more info on dimensions, etc.. and also a more extensive modding shop (braiding, edge trim, perspex, mesh, alu sheets, etc) would appeal to a lot of us case modders.

I'd also like it if you linked to some 'customer images' on the case pages so we can see what that case looks like with stuff in or modified, etc.

MCH

MCH

Associate
i've always liked the idea of bundles, maybe a case with psu and decent fans would be a good idea , a reasonable range of 6+ bundles with a range of psu's would be needed tho i imagine.

Back
Top Bottom