OcUK Christmas Cooking Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
The reason you must include all ingredients, is so you don't just make a cheese and onion tart.

Id rather eat a well executed cheese and onion tart than some kind of Frankenstein-esque chicken/potato/cabbage/squash/onion/goats cheese/pastry melange.....

Soldato
Id rather eat a well executed cheese and onion tart than some kind of Frankenstein-esque chicken/potato/cabbage/squash/onion/goats cheese/pastry melange.....

Lol :p Stop moaning, it's supposed to be a fun, competition and those are the rules so either try and cook something or don't. All comments will be taken on board for the next event.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I was going to have a crack at this but time has worked against me and I'm not going to be home to do it :(

I was going to do:

• Roasted skin-on chicken thigh simply seasoned with salt and cracked black pepper.
  • A bed of roasted veggies made up of 2 parts potato to one part butternut squash both cut into 2cm cubes seasoned with salt and garlic powder, roasted so they have a crisp outside.
  • Caramelised red onion and white cabbage chutney made by caramelising the onion in brown sugar and a splash of vinegar and adding finely shredded white cabbage about 5 minutes from the end so that the onions are soft and the cabbage has a little bite, but doesn't taste like raw cabbage. Probably use about 2 parts onion to one part cabbage.
  • Simple goats cheese tart using a ripe round goats cheese and bought puff pastry. Cut two identical rectangles of puff pastry. One is the base. Cut the middle out of the other to form a kind of picture frame and stick it on the base with a little beaten egg and a little around the edge to glaze. Slice the goats cheese across the round and bake for 15 minutes on a high heat to puff the pastry up and melt the cheese.

This would fit perfectly in at Jonny69 Towers because I would have the chicken, roast veg and chutney and Swmbo69 being veggie would have the goats cheese tart, roast veggies and chutney.

To drink: an oaked Chardonnay served chilled.

Maybe someone would be kind enough to make it for me and if they win they can have the prize :)

Associate
I made mine on Sunday, fairly pleased with how it turned out. Writing up the recipe now (takes a while doesn't it? :D) will submit with pics soon!

Soldato
Only just noticed this now (damn these stickies that no-one reads)
Would have loved to have made a dish, but I'm not going to have time now. Next competition maybe.

Soldato
Only just noticed this now (damn these stickies that no-one reads)
Would have loved to have made a dish, but I'm not going to have time now. Next competition maybe.

Go on give it a go, won't take you long and you still have a few days :) You know you want to :p

Soldato
Well I'm off up to my parents in Manchester tomorrow and don't suppose I'll have any time from then as I plan to spend the next week and a half consistently drunk :)

Well that could be a new theme; drunk cooking :p Seriously though, have a go, you could win a nice prize thanks to Spie being so generous :) Won't take long to cook some chicken in a meal :D

Soldato
Well that could be a new theme; drunk cooking :p Seriously though, have a go, you could win a nice prize thanks to Spie being so generous :) Won't take long to cook some chicken in a meal :D

You don't realise the numer of times I've burnt myself while attempting to cook while drunk :p
I can come up with some sort of recipe, but I doubt I'll be have time to cook it myself if that counts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom