OcUK Christmas Cooking Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
He has a point really, you are judging by not eating by creating a shortlist.

But food isn't just about taste.

Presentation is a huge key point. If it looks disgusting, most people won't eat it and those which do will more than likely also have a pre-conceived idea that it will taste horrible.

It's the same with complexity. You could cook fish and chips and taste great. Doesn't really show how good a cook you are though.

If you have a better idea please suggest them.

Man of Honour
It will not be the same no matter what you do.

No, but it's still a very good test. When we post recipes in the forum. People make it from the recipe. So I think it's actually a better test for this type of situation. If it was intended for a restaurant then I would agree. It would also be good to try everyones that they cooked themselves but it just wont be possible.

Associate
Hooray, it's now a competition! :D

Looks good miracleboy, I take it the cabbage is in the wellington? ;)

Yes, I used a layer of cooked cabbage covering the meat and stuffing kind of like a parcel. I just used big whole leaves, wasn't sure if it would work but it turned out well (wife liked it and she hates greens). :)

Soldato
It's not a scientific test, it's a fun competition, or atleast it's supposed to be.

Burnsy

Exactly, we could hardly go round tasting everyone's so unless he's suggesting we shouldn't have bothered, (which is what it's starting to sound like) then this is the next best thing. Some people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom