OcUK Christmas Cooking Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This thread wasn't about having a debate on the best way to do it or even if it should be done, it was a thread giving information about what to be done. That was it really.

Associate
I really wanted to do this comp and am sorry you didn't get many entrants for it, Please do it again (just for me to enter!) but perhaps not in xmas holidays!

Man of Honour
Do you try to pick holes in the rules of every competition you see on the internet/TV/local paper etc., or just this one? The rules are set by those organising the competition - if you don't like them, don't enter.

Of course, constructive criticism has been welcomed and acted upon, but no contest will ever be perfect or to everyone's liking - especially not a contest involving physical activities in a virtual environment like a forum.

Man of Honour
I'm finding that I'm extremely busy at the moment, but I will find some time as soon as I can :)

Burnsy

Come on you slacker, just had miracleboys.

2802_140108_1.jpg

Very nice.

The Wellington was extremely good. The sweetness of the onion with the richness of the cheese contrast with the slightly biter twang of the cabbage.
The chips went with it very well. The sauce was just what this meal need. All in all a very rich and flavoursome dish.
However I felt the butternut mash let it down slightly. Nice enough but it just didn't seem to fit in with the rest of the dish. Maybe a bit of cream mashed into it and perhaps a touch of chicken stock. Just to make it as rich and flavoursome as the rest of the plate.
All in all though a very good dish.

Soldato
I've just made mks2005's recipe last night and it was a very good dish overall. The butternut/potato mash was very tasty and flavoursome and went extremely well with the chicken. The cabbage was slightly bland but did go well with the dish I thought. The chicken had a very good overall flavour and the goats cheese and red onion complimented it very much. It was a very lovely dish.

foodcomp1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom