OcUK Christmas Cooking Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
Just so you're aware, Acidhell is without internet and so we can't get hold of him and Jodie and I have differences of opinion for a winner. So, we need Jonny to be the decider, hopefully the end is neigh :)

Jonny, YGM :)

Burnsy

Soldato
How long will the next competition take to judge if you get more than two entries?!

Probably a good job I never got round to making an entry in the end as we could have been here well into March ;)

Man of Honour
Hey guys I'm really sorry I messed you lot around. I'm still without internet thanks to virgin giving me the run around.
A big thanks to Jonny69 for taking my place.

Again I have to give my apologise for not doing my job. I hope now Jonny69 taken my place there will be a conclusion to this thread

Soldato
Seems I may have been right with my 'well into March' comment!

I was thinking, for the next one of these perhaps we shouldn't do it as a competition as such. Even with two entries it's taken an awfully long time to get things sorted - as pointed out it's not particularly easy to co-ordinate things over the internet.

We should keep it going though, but just have people cooking dishes for the fun of it and to inspire creativity rather than going through all this again.

I would like to see something a little less rigid with the ingredients too, perhaps along the following lines:
Choose a particular sort of meat (or quorn or whatever for veggies)
Have 2 types of vegetables and one particular herb/spice to go with it.
As long as those basic ingredients are in the recipe then people are free to add whatever else they like.

I think something along those sort of lines would inspire more creative dishes than having something in the same vein as this competition.
I suspect we'd get more entries as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom