OcUK Custom 'Ultima Demolisher' [Build Progress and Worklog]

Associate
Don't see why he wouldn't. You just remove the Xeon backplates that are there and replace them with the stock b/p for the blocks.
Only reason I asked was because I am doing a water cooling build and my waterblock didn't come with a back plate which made me think 2 things: Either they are not very essential/don't affect performance etc. OR the company is trying to make more money buy selling them separately. I didn't fancy buying their one so I took the stock AMD backplate and drilled through it so the screws would fit.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
of course :)

supreme HF comes with a backplate

i didnt use mine on my system, i used a xeon backplate with some button head m3 bolts for a cleaner look

this sr2 build had the xeon backplates removed and the stock 1366 backplates attached to make fitting the waterblocks possible :)

Man of Honour
Only reason I asked was because I am doing a water cooling build and my waterblock didn't come with a back plate which made me think 2 things: Either they are not very essential/don't affect performance etc. OR the company is trying to make more money buy selling them separately. I didn't fancy buying their one so I took the stock AMD backplate and drilled through it so the screws would fit.

That'd work :D

Associate
I'd love to have a go at building a high budget dream pc it would be sooooo mega godzilla kick ass :D, this is ok though :p hehe ;).

Associate
Can I ask RJ what made you pick the black ice stealth rad? Also what fan did you fit as it an insane fpi? Just wondering as I got the 360 version and am wondering if I did tue right thing with it having 30fpi and needing noisy fans.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
yeah you need fast fans for it.

it was specced as it fit the 120 fan mount on the back of the case easily.

the system was specced by NathWraith.

Soldato
of course :)

supreme HF comes with a backplate

i didnt use mine on my system, i used a xeon backplate with some button head m3 bolts for a cleaner look

this sr2 build had the xeon backplates removed and the stock 1366 backplates attached to make fitting the waterblocks possible :)

No back plate with my supreme hf nad to get it separtely

Associate
I have this case with the 360 rad in the same place. How much of a difference would it make giving that my rad is upsidedown to yours, so my entry and exit ports are at the top of the case and not the bottom?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom