rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
we did a few benches
SSDs kicked out around 530mbps read speed
Wprime 32m in 2sec 312ms
Wprime 1024m in 1min 0sec 248ms

3dmark 11 was unuseable as it doesnt support sli properly [or didnt at the time]
vantage netted around 45k

the system got around 150+ fps in heaven at 1900X1200

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Thanks for the benchmarks - something to shoot for without spending £6k :)

Sorry to ask again, but what type and speed fans did you put on the RAD and were they noisy?

the fans we ended up using in the end were the enermax black ones. linked up to the fan controller built into the case
the rear fans were the 2000rpm sharkoons on the rear 120mm rad. this was controlled by the motherboard and worked pretty well.

How much was this machine ?

around the £6K mark

Associate
Question: As i dont have any waterblocks in my system as i have only got the H50 i want to know. Does it matter what way you connect the tubes to the blocks i.e. inlet and outlet? I've always thought it was in from left and out to right. Or is it just down to general preference?

Associate
Question: As i dont have any waterblocks in my system as i have only got the H50 i want to know. Does it matter what way you connect the tubes to the blocks i.e. inlet and outlet? I've always thought it was in from left and out to right. Or is it just down to general preference?

Depends on the blocks mate, some you can run any way you want but most performance blocks the water goes into the central hole to evenly push the water over the core part of the block and then it outlets from the other off-centre hole, the waterblock instructions will tell you anyway :)

Associate
Awesome build log :)

Please tell me your going to put some Zip ties or clamps on the hoses?

I dont care if you think they wont come off, i have had many come off even when they look Very stuck on
yea ok.

You may not have, But what if the said "customer" decided to have a small tug? or a child has a tug when the case side is off when he is installing a new hdd?

Dont think ahead do you? :confused:

With comments like these directed towards the forum admin I'm not surprised he got Permabanned lol

Back
Top Bottom