OcUK Dadsnet thread

Soldato
Indeed @Psycho Sonny

Just to add to this, they’ve been up **** creek the past couple of weeks, they’re not happy, but they put themselves in the position by running the department so thin and not rehiring positions where they should have. We’ve had a previous position’s (developer) workload spread out... even though we’re not experienced in it let alone qualified, this fell on deaf ears somewhat.

It’s a bit of a **** show there really, I’ve been looking at alternatives recently but unsure what I want to do and at the moment and job security is paramount, I’m glad we agreed on a compromise.

Soldato
Who waits until the last minute to put a plan in place?

Also why can't anyone do what he does? If he gets hit by a bus then what?

If he doesn't help he makes a good point about contingency planning and how valuable he is.

We had someone who only did certain jobs they left and nobody knew what to do. That person was the lowest paid and had been looking to move up but denied for years. Your talking 30 years of experience lost because the people at the top only look after their own.

Sometimes it takes losing someone to make a point hit home. Same thing happened last month but someone higher up was doing 100 times the work of everyone on their level and essentially doing their jobs whilst they done nothing because he was the best at it and upper management wanted him to do it as he got better results. So he had 14 projects on at the same time whilst people in his team had 0-2 yet getting paid the same.

He said that he was looking to move up and they kept promising him a promotion and then he eventually got one elsewhere they immediately said we will match it straight away after they strung him along for a couple of years. He told them to stuff it and off he went. He's now being paid more and is now doing next to nothing compared to his old role where he was doing the job of the whole team single handedly because he was given all the work because he was better than everyone else at it.

If I knew someone was going to be off work for a while I'd have 2 other folk trained to do the same position 3 months in advance. 5 weeks is nothing and his employer was taking the **** if they left it that late and had done nothing about it.
Well I wasn't going to go in to a whole breakdown on where he works... was just pointing out that they obviously thought they had another 4-5 weeks to get some things sorted.

Associate
Has anyone had issues with mmr boosters for their 3 year old? One of her eyes has started turning inwards after the shots today andshe can't look straight at me. Tried getting hold of the health visitor but of course no one is available.

Edit: Got hold of a health visitor, not really anything to do with the vaccine that they know of. She picked up a temperature and sickness this morning, so probably was just unwell before the shot causing a squint to be more obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking for a bit of advice guys. My daughter was quite easy to train overnight, but my son has recently started soaking through his nappy so I'm wondering if I should start trying to get him out of nappies overnight. What's people thoughts, he does go for a wee before bed but drinks a lot during the day. I keep telling my Mrs we shouldn't give him a drink before bed:p.

Soldato
Well, managed to keep the little one alive for one trip around the sun. I cannot claim that it's been easy but she's just thriving. It's actually wonderful to see how happy she is all (ok, most) of the time.

She's randomly saying words now, including her first swear word, which myself and my wife blame each other for. She's taking cautious little steps and loves music, cuddles with her old man and mum, chasing the dog, unpacking every cupboard she can open, climbing on the sofa and bouncing away, making duck sounds, yogurt, her pal Frankie from baby school, grandma and grampy, falling asleep on my chest, tipping over the dog's water bowl, singing along to Cocomelon, playing in the sand pit, playing with paint, going into the garden with me as we explore all the different textures of trees and leaves, learning to count, sharing mini M&Ms with me, playing with her pink ball and baby gym. And a hundred things more.

Let's hope the 2nd year goes just as well.

Soldato
Well, managed to keep the little one alive for one trip around the sun. I cannot claim that it's been easy but she's just thriving. It's actually wonderful to see how happy she is all (ok, most) of the time.

She's randomly saying words now, including her first swear word, which myself and my wife blame each other for. She's taking cautious little steps and loves music, cuddles with her old man and mum, chasing the dog, unpacking every cupboard she can open, climbing on the sofa and bouncing away, making duck sounds, yogurt, her pal Frankie from baby school, grandma and grampy, falling asleep on my chest, tipping over the dog's water bowl, singing along to Cocomelon, playing in the sand pit, playing with paint, going into the garden with me as we explore all the different textures of trees and leaves, learning to count, sharing mini M&Ms with me, playing with her pink ball and baby gym. And a hundred things more.

Let's hope the 2nd year goes just as well.
That's a comprehensive list fella! Make sure you save this post/print it for her memory box.

Soldato
Man I'm so bloody fed up with the colds she keep picking up from play school. She's been sick on and off since Easter, and by extension, so have we. Up since 2am with a sore throat and runny nose AFTER getting her home at 10pm from A&E for yet another croup cough episode that had to be steroid treated AGAIN.

Anyway. She's progressing fast now in terms of development. Suddenly went from crawling two weeks ago to walking (hobbling) around like a little penguin. She can suddenly say far more words, including 'what's this' when she can touch something, and 'what's that' when she can't and only point at it. And she remembers everything. She woke yesterday and it feel like her personality changed completely. She has a different giggling laugh, a different way about her, very teasing and trolling in a way (I can take that one on the chin) and seems to want Dad a bit more now and not just Mum all the time.

Associate
We are at 36 almost 37 weeks and after a routine check are not coming out of the hospital. Even though we have everything and what not just feel a little under prepared.

Very similar situation. We were being monitored for various reasons but at 36 weeks and many scans I think we lit up the final flag and the doctors surprised us by saying "you can't continue, baby has to come out this weekend". Bit of a surprise and overwhelming but after a quick delivery and 2 weeks in hospital baby and mum are home and doing well :)

Soldato
Very similar situation. We were being monitored for various reasons but at 36 weeks and many scans I think we lit up the final flag and the doctors surprised us by saying "you can't continue, baby has to come out this weekend". Bit of a surprise and overwhelming but after a quick delivery and 2 weeks in hospital baby and mum are home and doing well :)

Congratz! It is a bit surreal because in your head you think you have a few more weeks haha!

We are at 7 week old now, who needs sleep? Sleep is for the weak haha

Soldato
Went to mucky pub for lunch yesterday. My son (loudly) points to a large lady and shouts that lady's really really fat. My Mrs was horrified but I was struggling to stop myself laughing. She didn't here but not sure what she would have said.

Soldato
Me and my daughter (3 years old)play secrets, where we whisper funny things or noises into each others ears.

I said " love you smelly belly" she then goes on to her mother and whispers "your old"....

Tried not to **** myself laughing

Back
Top Bottom