1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OcUK delivery question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Angilion, 24 Jul 2006.

1. Angilion

Man of Honour

Sort of hardware, on the grounds that it's about hardware being delivered. I couldn't see a more appropriate forum.

If I have something delivered from OcUK and I am out or asleep when it's delivered (I work shifts), what happens? Is it like a normal delivery, where I can phone the sorting office and have it redirected to my local post office? If so, no problem. If not, I may as well go the couple of miles to the shop and buy over the counter. I'm just enough of a lazy arse to want to just buy from home and collect from the post office I pass on my way to work.

2. Psymonkee

Capodecina

If your local enough to buy in person do it - delivery is by Citylink so can get pricey quite quickly as couriers aren't cheap :o

3. semi-pro waster

Man of Honour

The courier used is City Link so I suppose it depends on the driver but normally if you are out they will leave a note telling you to arrange another time for them to deliver or that you can collect from the nearest depot. If you miss the second appointment then usually they say you must collect within 7 days(from memory) otherwise it is returned to sender.

On occasion they will leave the package with a neighbour and leave a note to tell you that. What happens seems to vary greatly between different cities and even down to individual drivers but I don't think they would leave anything on your doorstep under normal circumstances anyway as they need a signature.

4. SiriusB

Capodecina

If you know there is a good chance you wont be in for that expensive delivery, then why not just save time and money and get on down to the shop.

SiriusB

5. Gibbs

Wise Guy

i am never in for citylink so i just leave a note and the driver leaves hidden in my garden. Very nice indeed :)

Trust me, our garden has loads of plants and an odd fur tree so its easily hidden

6. Stelly

Don

I dont mind citylink either but I do know the driver for my area.... but if I had the time it would be so cool to do down to OcUk to pick things up :)

Stelly

7. sanofi

Wise Guy

If your not saving considerably from ordering online then just get it from the shop.

8. shodan

Gangster

Note to self: Regularly search Gibbs's garden for free stuff :p

9. Gibbs

Wise Guy

lmao u wont have much luck next week as i will be taking the day off work to await on my new rif to arrive, i just home he comes berfore 10am which prob wont happen