OcUK delivery question

Man of Honour
Sort of hardware, on the grounds that it's about hardware being delivered. I couldn't see a more appropriate forum.

If I have something delivered from OcUK and I am out or asleep when it's delivered (I work shifts), what happens? Is it like a normal delivery, where I can phone the sorting office and have it redirected to my local post office? If so, no problem. If not, I may as well go the couple of miles to the shop and buy over the counter. I'm just enough of a lazy arse to want to just buy from home and collect from the post office I pass on my way to work.

Man of Honour
The courier used is City Link so I suppose it depends on the driver but normally if you are out they will leave a note telling you to arrange another time for them to deliver or that you can collect from the nearest depot. If you miss the second appointment then usually they say you must collect within 7 days(from memory) otherwise it is returned to sender.

On occasion they will leave the package with a neighbour and leave a note to tell you that. What happens seems to vary greatly between different cities and even down to individual drivers but I don't think they would leave anything on your doorstep under normal circumstances anyway as they need a signature.

Associate
i am never in for citylink so i just leave a note and the driver leaves hidden in my garden. Very nice indeed :)

Trust me, our garden has loads of plants and an odd fur tree so its easily hidden

Don
I dont mind citylink either but I do know the driver for my area.... but if I had the time it would be so cool to do down to OcUk to pick things up :)

Stelly

Associate
Gibbs said:
i am never in for citylink so i just leave a note and the driver leaves hidden in my garden. Very nice indeed :)

Trust me, our garden has loads of plants and an odd fur tree so its easily hidden

Note to self: Regularly search Gibbs's garden for free stuff :p

Associate
lmao u wont have much luck next week as i will be taking the day off work to await on my new rif to arrive, i just home he comes berfore 10am which prob wont happen

Back
Top Bottom