OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Is it possible to loose weight just through eathing more healthier and not doing any extra exercise? I ask as I have put on almost 2 stone since the start of the summer basically because i've been eating a load of crap. On Monday I weighted myself and am 13 stone and i'm only about 5ft 9". I have quite a large belly and a set of man boobies that some women would be proud off which I really don't want!

Why I ask about the exercise is because my brother (who lives in the same house as me) had boulemia (sp?) a few years ago and mum and dad have been battling with him to put weight on since and they really don't want me to get any exercise equipment or join a gym purely because it might set him back. This is quite annoying as I am all up for doing exercise (I used to go to the gym with school a year or so ago) and I walk everywhere but I don't want to put my parents noses out of place. So by cutting all the crap out of my diet and eating more fruit/drinking more water will I be able to loose some weight?

Matt

Soldato
Good read this thread, hope everyone can stick to it and this thread should help that.

Personally, I'm looking to lose a few pounds as I've got a bit of a belly. Also want to build up my upper body muscles more as I have skinny arms :p
Gonna cut down on the boos to a couple of times a week and try and sort my diet out. It's not too bad at the moment, but i have a bit of a vice in the way of cheese toasties so im gonna have to cut them out or at least only have one or two a week.

Associate
Keep it up guy's looks like there’s some good work being done. You’ve just got to keep you mind focused then its easy.

Here’s a few pic's of me before and after my diet I managed to lose 4 stone (17.5stone to 13.5stone) in 4 months a couple of years ago.

BEFORE

mef.jpg

AFTER

me1.jpg

me3.jpg

Soldato
Ive gained a bit over christmas :o every time i go back to the UK i gain weight :wtc:

Tomorrow starts the new diet...super low carbing it :coold:

Last edited:
Soldato
Piggymon said:
\0/

I saw 8st 7.5lbs this morning .. yay

Got my body combat in just over an hour ... hope I enjoy it
Well...?? Enjoy??

Went for a run and then had Body Pump at 11am. Kept the weights light so I didn't kill myself, but my thighs really ache now :) Hope I'm alright to go to Combat tomorrow.

For more info on Body Pump, see here :)

Congrats on the loss :D Trying to only weigh myself once a week, so fingers crossed for the weigh-in at work on Monday morning :)

wolvotim - Well done!!! :D It's amazing how many good-looking blokes emerge out of big bodies when they make the effort to lose some weight!!

Soldato
matthew_o50 said:
Is it possible to loose weight just through eathing more healthier and not doing any extra exercise? I ask as I have put on almost 2 stone since the start of the summer basically because i've been eating a load of crap. On Monday I weighted myself and am 13 stone and i'm only about 5ft 9". I have quite a large belly and a set of man boobies that some women would be proud off which I really don't want!

Why I ask about the exercise is because my brother (who lives in the same house as me) had boulemia (sp?) a few years ago and mum and dad have been battling with him to put weight on since and they really don't want me to get any exercise equipment or join a gym purely because it might set him back. This is quite annoying as I am all up for doing exercise (I used to go to the gym with school a year or so ago) and I walk everywhere but I don't want to put my parents noses out of place. So by cutting all the crap out of my diet and eating more fruit/drinking more water will I be able to loose some weight?

Matt

To lose weight all you need to do is consume less calories than you expend. Exercise would help in that it would add a bit of fire to your metabolism. If you can't get gym equipment could you could just go out for a jog or somesuch? Would be a great way to lose a few lbs.

Man of Honour
Well dobe MB and Good luck all,

I lost over 4 stone when i turned 30' I was over 16 iirc..

I lost the qeight inside 6 months which wasn't go tbh..

I just restricted my self to only to 10g of fat per day, regardless of caloroies.

I'm back upto 13.5 stone but i'd like to think that's bulk rather than fat :)

Man of Honour
You're a big guy - I'm surprised you're so light!! I'm over 14st! :o Cutting down on fat really helps a lot for keeping leaner.

I'm a big believe of:

calories in = calories out = no weight gain
calories in < calories out = weight loss
calories in > calories out = weight gain

Obviously this as part of a healthy diet and lifestyle (i.e. exercise, decent sleep etc..)

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Well...?? Enjoy??

I hated every minute of it ( the 5 mins I spent in there before I walked out ) :(

I was a little apprehensive at first because I've never been one for classes but thought I would give it a shot

When I turned up I was greeted by a group of stick thin tanned girls with a face full of makeup , perfect hair and dressed in the latest gear .. I had no makeup on , hair in a ponytail and my joggers and t-shirt I normally wear for training .. felt more like a fashion show rather than a bloody leisure centre

It's hard when your confidence is low to be surrounded by " body beautifulls" but I pushed it to one side and decided to just concentrate on what I was doing

We got into the class , got all lined up etc and the instructer asked if there was anyone who was completely new to Body Combat ( bearing in mind this was an open day for new people to come and try out the classes ) .. about 10 people raised their hands

We were then told " just watch me and you'll pick it up " then everyone went straight into the routine without any tuition whatsoever .. I had no clue what I was doing and by the time I kinda figured out what one move was it was too late as they were onto the next move

I gave up so I walked out .. I have never felt so stupid and out of place in all my life :/ .. I walked out in tears and feeling like crap

I would have to be dragged there kicking and screaming .. There's no way in hell I will EVER go to any sort of class ever again

It's a shame because I was hoping to use the classes to make friends as well as help with my weight loss .. As you all know I've moved from Swansea to live here with Desmo and making new friends in your mid twenties is quite hard ... I have friends in work but that's about it :(

I've now decided to do my workout on a saturday as well .. in a nice private gym where nobody thinks it's a fashion show and I don't get chucked headfirst into a routine with no help whatsoever

Desmo took some pics of his Dad's Gym that we use ... he'll post them in a bit

Last edited:
Associate
I'm sorry it was so bad :( *Big hugs* I tried going to an aerobics class but found pretty much what you described

Mic has been trying to get me to join a martial arts group with him but because of previous expreiences I won't go

Soldato
Sorry to hear that Piggymon. Don't let it put you off altogether though. I'd be really apprehensive about going to a class in the first place so you've already shown more courage and commitment than some of us.

Access to a private gym sounds pretty handy :) Be sure to make use of it!

Soldato
Takhisis said:
I'm sorry it was so bad :( *Big hugs* I tried going to an aerobics class but found pretty much what you described

Mic has been trying to get me to join a martial arts group with him but because of previous expreiences I won't go

Yay for hugs :)

It annoys me that it was meant to be an open day to encourage more people to join and as far as I could see all they have done is put people like me off for life :/

Soldato
PeterNem said:
Sorry to hear that Piggymon. Don't let it put you off altogether though. I'd be really apprehensive about going to a class in the first place so you've already shown more courage and commitment than some of us.

Access to a private gym sounds pretty handy :) Be sure to make use of it!

I'm just going to carry on with my routine in the Gym .. I'm just going to add a saturday on as well .. the good thing is I can use it pretty much anytime I like to it suits me rather than being constrained to going to a class at a set time :)

Will post pics in a sec

Soldato
Sorry to hear that Piggy, could you try something else? Me and Mr Betty are doing badminton once a week, and we are both going to have a go at salsa dancing too!

I'm also trying aqua aerobics next week, Ill let you know how that turns out if you fancy giving that a go? :)

Soldato
Thanks SB but I'm giving all classes a wide berth from now on .... I've never really liked the idea but now I've been put off for life :/

Badminton does sound good through , I used to really enjoy it ! ... Might ask Desmo if he fancies it one night in the week :)

Associate
Piggymon said:
Thanks SB but I'm giving all classes a wide berth from now on .... I've never really liked the idea but now I've been put off for life :/

Badminton does sound good through , I used to really enjoy it ! ... Might ask Desmo if he fancies it one night in the week :)

I like badminton too, use to play it all the time at school, i'll have to find someone else to play it with i think.

Back
Top Bottom