**OcUK FACTS Thread**

Soldato
The only English place that has a name that ends with an exclamation mark is "Westward Ho!"

The ant, when intoxicated, will always fall over to its right side.

The original name of Bank of America was Bank of Italy.

and one you could have done with knowing before the last Meet...

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England, but only in tropical fish stores.

Soldato
I have so many facts! My friends often wonder where i get them..

women can hear better than men

genghis khans first job was a goatherd

Cambridge students were not allowed to keep dogs in their rooms.. Lord Byron kept a bear.

it is against the law in Siena, in italy to be a prostitute if you're name is mary (good one for girls named mary!)

the cigarette lighter was invented before the match

I seriously have loads.. if anyone wants a fact in a certain area just ask! I'll probably have heard something.
Btw, girls do love random texts that contain facts and nothing but facts. It's all about the attention.

Joe

Soldato
im not so sure about random facts, when conversations go down at work and ill bring up a random fact about it, i normally get dodgy looks - there are a few who like it, but not as many as you'd think :( :p

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Women have less spatial awareness then men, this helps to explain why they're so bad at parking.

Soldato
OP
McDaniel said:
im not so sure about random facts, when conversations go down at work and ill bring up a random fact about it, i normally get dodgy looks - there are a few who like it, but not as many as you'd think :( :p
Do you follow your fact with a loud proclamation of FACT! though? Tis essential to get across the sheer awesomeness of the Fact Hunt that is life.

Soldato
I love facts. Even when they're made up I love them cos I'm well guillible and I believe nearly everything I'm told til ages later on when I think...hang on a minute!! My mates and my bf love winding me up, they can have me going for ages.

They once convinced me that if I let my dog out in the rain she'd grow. It seemed so plausible when they said it. I wouldn't walk her in the rain in case she turned into digsby - biggest dog in the world!

Soldato
Rich_L said:
Do you follow your fact with a loud proclamation of FACT! though? Tis essential to get across the sheer awesomeness of the Fact Hunt that is life.

sometimes yes, but not always, seems my system is flawed, i shall take onboard this new approach

though High 5's are as common as Hello's at work :D

Nix

Nix

Soldato
The strongest katabatic wind is found in the Antarctic having been measured at over 200mph. It is one of the strongest winds outside of a tornado.

Soldato
Nix said:
The strongest katabatic wind is found in the Antarctic having been measured at over 200mph. It is one of the strongest winds outside of a tornado.

Neptune has wind speeds of over 1200 mph, the highest in the solar system.

Back
Top Bottom