**OcUK FACTS Thread**

Soldato
The duck one mentioned is that a duck's quack is the only animal's "noise" as it were not to echo. But it's wrong. As is the one about you can only fold a piece of paper 7 (or is it 8?) times.

Soldato
The right side of a boat was called the starboard side due to the fact that the astronavigators used to stand out on the plank (which was on the right side) to get an unobstructed view of the stars. The left side was called the port side because that was the side that you put in on at the port. This was so that they didn't knock off the starboard.

62 degrees Fahrenheit is the minimum temperature required for a grasshopper to be able to hop.

The song "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" was written by George Graff, who was German, and was never in Ireland in his life.

Soldato
A Ducks quack does have an echo.

You can cook 16 pieces of McDonalds regular meat (used in Big Macs, Hamburgers etc) from frozen in as little as 42 seconds.

Soldato
Whitewater said:
I think they got rid of the law in 1961.

you are correct sir :D

The Suicide Act 1961 brought a change to the law so that suicide is no longer a criminal act. However, it is still illegal to 'aid or abet' another person in taking their own life, and anyone who does this may face a maximum 14 years imprisonment.

Associate
Rich_L said:
With the introduction of the Sexual Offences Act 2003, it is legal to fellate a dog, but you have to kill it (humanely) if you want to have sex with it legally.

FACT!
Rich_L, have you tried this one out 'in the wild' yet. It seems to nicely combine the whole FACT / yoo-hoo thing, but I cannot help thinking that it may raise some concerns in the recipients mind as to how you know this?

This is a very funny thread - FACT.

But no high-five as I don't want one of my rare forays into GD leaving the impression that I may be a dead dog shagging shirt lifter. I am pretty sure I could get away with one or the other here - but both might be pushing things ;)

Soldato
FincH said:
A Ducks quack does have an echo.

You can cook 16 pieces of McDonalds regular meat (used in Big Macs, Hamburgers etc) from frozen in as little as 42 seconds.

Normally needed a few seconds longer though, naff, did I just admit to knowing that

I know how long it takes to cook almost everything in MacDonalds FACT

I only worked there for 1 1/2 years

Hippos can run at ~35mph for short periods of time FACT

Soldato
1) 10 % of all car thieves are left-handed. All Polar bears are left handed. If your car is stolen, and you live in the northern hemisphere, there is a 10 % chance that it was stolen by a Polar bear.

2) 39 % of unemployed men wear spectacles. 80 % of employed men wear spectacles. Work stuffs up your eyesight.

3) All dogs are animals. All cats are animals. Therefore, all dogs are cats.

4) A total of 4000 cans are opened around the world every second. 10 babies are conceived around the world every second. Each time you open a can, you stand a 1 in 400 chance of becoming pregnant.

Back
Top Bottom