• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Caporegime
1000 for the entire country? seems extremely low, why did they manufacture such low numbers?

Then waiting a month for only another 50?

Its taking Asus a month to get a 1000 cards working at their advertised overclocks. Which is why they have released to lesser overclocked cards since launch date to get rid of all the failed ones.

Caporegime
It's amazing how badly a company of EVGA's size and status have botched this launch really. I was planning to make my next Nvidia card an EVGA one, but MSI got my money instead thanks to actually having cards available.

Well according to Ben EVGA have sold and delivered more cards than any other manufacturer.

They are either all reference ones or nobody is buying the competition.

Soldato
You do indeed have an over inflated sense of entitlement. OCUK is not EVGA.

I never said they were! It is ocuk who take out money however! When my order is the best part of a thousand pounds however and they wouldn't ship the rest of my order (for legitimate reasons tbf) until the full order was in stock, then I don't think it is unreasonable to be upgraded free of charge!

Last edited:

Gee

Gee

Soldato
[Damien];29752224 said:
Nice one :)

I've swapped to store collection, that way if they come in first thing tomorrow I've got the option to fly down tomorrow and grab it.

Nice! If I lived closer I'd do the same tbh. Looking forward to Saturday! :D

Soldato
Got to love how they're now finally about to arrive and we have a whole different set of complaints because it happens to fall before a Saturday. Personally i'd think you'll get more traction posting in the CS forum but each to their own ;)

Associate
im surprised asus or evga havent offered people something for the 5/6/7 week wait (possibly more) might go a long way to help make people happier, also the delays will have cost ocuk money and selling preorders at a loss so cant expect anything from them.

Soldato
im surprised asus or evga havent offered people something for the 5/6/7 week wait (possibly more) might go a long way to help make people happier, also the delays will have cost ocuk money and selling preorders at a loss so cant expect anything from them.

As confusing as it is, the other option for release is to make you wait until now to order it. Would you rather have done that way so you could order and receive it the next day, which coincidentally would still be the same as this way round?

Soldato
That's a fair upgrade price for me personally, considering you get free delivery already. I'd have paid it but each to their own.

Tbh, I tend not to disagree too much and am not all that salty about it. It is just that I ordered numerous items on June 2nd and as a matter of principle I refuse to pay more for Saturday delivery. Especially after reading that other customers were being upgraded for free.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
As confusing as it is, the other option for release is to make you wait until now to order it. Would you rather have done that way so you could order and receive it the next day, which coincidentally would still be the same as this way round?

Glad I ordered when I did tbh (27th May) - yeah we've waited a while but I've also got the card cheaper than what I would've paid if we had to wait for them to arrive in stock, before we could place an order.

Soldato

Well some people would have still had best part of £700 in their bank accounts for past 5 or 6 weeks!

Associate
Not particularly amused

I purchased all my parts for a new system including a monitor 3 weeks ago from OC The cost came to over £2000 and i'm still waiting for the strix OC card. Couldn't wait any longer so decided to change my card to the in stock gainward phoenix. Then get asked to pay the £36 difference..............

Back
Top Bottom