• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
I am surprised that there are still 6 x GTX 1080 PHOENIX GLH cards left.
They are supposed to be pretty good. Maybe it's their asthetics as they do look a bit pants. Red, Gold n Black....yuck.

They are absolutely dreadful looking yokes......no doubt about it.
But they are absolutely quality 1080s. Very cool, very quiet.

Associate
With the amount of delays from the FTW 1080, I don't feel as if I will buy from EVGA next time. I'm only still getting due to me being 48th in queue. Overclockers was supposed to made a priority and somehow evga somehow messed that up. My patience is beyond the point of no return. I recently sold my gtx 780 evga to a friend and I've been without a card for 2 weeks now. I should have just gone with MSI and spent the extra £40 when they were available to preorder originally. However thanks for the updates but the amount of delays and mess ups are just infuriatingly disappointing.

Sorry if this ended as a rant, i just needed to rant because I've been looking forward for this card for far longer than expected

Soldato
I am surprised that there are still 6 x GTX 1080 PHOENIX GLH cards left.
They are supposed to be pretty good. Maybe it's their asthetics as they do look a bit pants. Red, Gold n Black....yuck.

Me too... they are viciously fast and ultra-quiet. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I was looking for a single card.

Associate
Me too... they are viciously fast and ultra-quiet. I would buy one in a heartbeat if I was looking for a single card.

So tempted to get one this evening and make it 5 available, as my 1080 Xtreme Gaming card failed me in everyway possible.......

Edit - Ah sod it I bought one.

Last edited:
Associate
There is absolutely no danger I am paying to upgrade my order to a Saturday delivery after waiting 34 days! Tbh, I think all pre-orders arriving on Friday should be upgraded to Saturday delivery automatically free of any additional charge. Maybe I just have an over inflated sense of entitlement, but the delays from EVGA have been horrific!

Phone and ask for delivery to be changed to Saturday I've changed my delivery a few times based on different ETA's no problem!

Associate
But you can't ship what you don't have, so don't be too hard on yourself if nobody supplied with anything to dish out. The blame is very much shared.

As for my order i'm still waiting but i'm in the first lot:

27 May 2016 16:33:00 (2 x 1080 FTW)
Current position: 27th in queue.

Looking forward.
I'm just after you about 10 mins after I was told 28th in queue.
Hopefully getting this first batch!

Associate
I know EVGA have been in for a lot of criticism here however having ordered an ASUS Strix back in May and having heard absolutely nothing, for me EVGA by being active on these forums have won a customer for next time I order a card. If it wasn't for the fact I only paid £130 less than the current price then I would have swapped already. Good job Ben, keeping people up to date on what is going on unlike the other AIB partners.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys

Please accept my apologies for the delay today. The shipment is confirmed with TNT tracking for tomorrow delivery at OCUK warehouse. Our warehouse was overwhelmed with orders on Tuesday and some shipments hit a 1 day delay, I can only apologise OCUK was one of these. I had asked for priority but seemingly it didn't work.

Next week batch flight into NL was confirmed today also so more units in next week for OCUK, again this time I expect Thursday 14th at the latest as no month end inventory counts.

Thanks again and please accept my apology for the 24 hour delay.

Ben

Cool thanks for the update Ben I'll be happy if I get mine in batch one :)

Associate
Read the last 6-8 pages and there are amazing updates on the FTW cards yet absolutely nothing from staff on the OC Strix cards!! Anytime I phone I get the recycled line "any day now" which means nothing since I've been told this for the last 4 days! Please can the ocuk staff chase up asus and get these cards out already!
Last time I checked I was 95th in the queue; I heard there are only 50 arriving in the next batch on this thread yet staff have failed to tell me that when I contact them via customer Support.
Not happy at the moment to say the least!

Soldato
Check the thread near the top of the "Graphics cards" section. I was spitting teeth earlier.

Damn just read that thread, that is awful QC! I really hope the Gainward is a quality replacement for you. Everything I've read about this and the Palit cards sounds good.

Soldato
Read the last 6-8 pages and there are amazing updates on the FTW cards yet absolutely nothing from staff on the OC Strix cards!! Anytime I phone I get the recycled line "any day now" which means nothing since I've been told this for the last 4 days! Please can the ocuk staff chase up asus and get these cards out already!
Last time I checked I was 95th in the queue; I heard there are only 50 arriving in the next batch on this thread yet staff have failed to tell me that when I contact them via customer Support.
Not happy at the moment to say the least!

I quit the Strix OC queue and my life has been significantly better with not worrying about it since! But I feel sorry for anyone still hanging on - £620 is relatively very cheap now... fingers crossed for all of you. Where is the communication, OcUK?

Associate
Damn just read that thread, that is awful QC! I really hope the Gainward is a quality replacement for you. Everything I've read about this and the Palit cards sounds good.

Cheers, I will let you know how it does when I test it on Saturday whilst nibbling on Haribos.
I went in blind for the Xtreme. I assumed for the price (and the clock speeds) it would be one of the best 1080's. How wrong was I.

Associate
I dont get it

whats so good about the FTW? is it really worth 2+ months wait ?

while you could have had enjoyment out them 2 months instead you've gotten stress and frustration & no card or money

:-\

I hope these cards are everything you expected and more.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my Gigabyte G1 Gaming in and running last night,

All on stock and I got 1981mhz on boost, max max temp 70deg at 70% fan

Really happy with it BUT saying that the fan does sound a little bit louder than I would like, only games I've tried is BF4 and GTA5 which looks and plays amazingly compared to my 770's SLI

I BOUGHT AT £655 yesterday I saw it at £679 :eek: Ouch

Back
Top Bottom