• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Soldato
I'm actually surprised in a good way, the non reference edition cards are coming online and Nvidia and it's partners have followed through and delivered 1080's that are $100 cheaper.

well....not strictly true is it?

one or two (guff cards) are $100 cheaper.

And we in the UK are still a far cry off the $599 price after conversion.

And even having said that, $599 is more than the 980 was.

Soldato
Is the clown £525 version that bad?? lol. Im coming from a 970 mind... and i wont be overclocking it...
It should be fine, really. It'll potentially run a bit hotter/noisier than other cards, but if you can deal with that, have no intentions of overclocking and dont care about aesthetics - then yea, go for it. It'll be a huge step up from a 970.

Soldato
I don't recalled too many were saying custom cards would be over the $699 price...
I do recall some were saying it would likely to be $650+ at least, and with the likes of Asus,
or EVGA special cards being even more expensive than even the FE etc.

I was one who said they'd be 650 plus - Very surprised at the pricing :o

Soldato
I had two KFA 980ti OC's which overclocked well and were cool and quiet. Think I might just punt for one of them once they're in stock.
Some of the "lesser" brands do really good cards. I had both a Palit 980 and 980 Ti (which used the same cooler) and they're the two quietest cards I've ever owned. They're high on my list to consider for my next Nvidia card.

Associate
Do EVGA not have a standard clock speed version? Both models are overclocked.
I want as quiet as possible so looks like I may go MSI

Mei

Mei

Soldato
Some of the "lesser" brands do really good cards. I had both a Palit 980 and 980 Ti (which used the same cooler) and they're the two quietest cards I've ever owned. They're high on my list to consider for my next Nvidia card.

ye palit did good job
i like the look of the palit 1080 too

Soldato
Do EVGA not have a standard clock speed version? Both models are overclocked.
I want as quiet as possible so looks like I may go MSI
Keep in mind you can always manually underclock. Takes all of 30 seconds.

And a card that is slightly overclocked isn't necessarily going to be noticeably louder. It's all a matter of how well it is cooled and thus what fan profile you use(which can also be custom setup in minutes).

Soldato
not sure if its been asked alrdy but...

any guess why the pcb on the msi looks so huge?
it has anything special?

Big fans on the MSI Gaming model compared to their others. So maybe they enlarged the PCB at the same time, for aesthetic/cooling reasons. That's my guess. Suppose it's possible they may have added other stuff to take advantage of the extra room. We'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom