OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 3 - Cars, Computers & Cosplay - Saturday 15th September 2018

Associate
Not yet mate, Not long had it, since i've got it I've polbushed all the suspention and engine mounts, Put good quality coilovers on it. Uprated the ARBs. Sorted all the brakes and sorted a few of the small issues it had. Will be getting a diff and supercharger next year all being well.
That or drop in cams and a bolt ons.

Still in two minds of if it keep it a true Type R or supercharge it.

OcUK Staff
Update me to three cars. :D
Shall try to get the little French rocket here as well on the basis of it been healthy and insured. :)
Gibbo - Clio Cup 172

Associate
Update me to three cars. :D
Shall try to get the little French rocket here as well on the basis of it been healthy and insured. :)
Gibbo - Clio Cup 172

Nice! Will take a few photos of the 172 and my Abarth 595. I had an 182 in the past which I loved.

OcUK Staff
Nice! Will take a few photos of the 172 and my Abarth 595. I had an 182 in the past which I loved.

Yeah the Abarth 595 is great because Fiat really nailed it by making a hot hatch, that was about the same size as something like a MK2 Clio and gave it plenty of power too just like the 182's had. It is why I only wanted a 172 cup or a 106 GTi, keep the weight as close to 1000kg as possible, small footprint and quite a bit of power under the hood, less so with the 106GTi but on the flip side the 106GTI engine was under-rated and tuned quite easily to around 145-155HP so not a million miles off the 165HP or so a 172 has and of course about 70kg lighter.

How do you rate the Abarth vs 182?

Associate
Yeah the Abarth 595 is great because Fiat really nailed it by making a hot hatch, that was about the same size as something like a MK2 Clio and gave it plenty of power too just like the 182's had. It is why I only wanted a 172 cup or a 106 GTi, keep the weight as close to 1000kg as possible, small footprint and quite a bit of power under the hood, less so with the 106GTi but on the flip side the 106GTI engine was under-rated and tuned quite easily to around 145-155HP so not a million miles off the 165HP or so a 172 has and of course about 70kg lighter.

How do you rate the Abarth vs 182?

Both great cars. The Abarth (mine is a 2018 competizione with many mods) is more modern in the latest reincarnation and I love the 400+ nm of torque in a car that weighs 1000k (I removed the rear seats). Will take you for a drive and will start a thread with my mods soon for this car

OcUK Staff
Both great cars. The Abarth (mine is a 2018 competizione with many mods) is more modern in the latest reincarnation and I love the 400+ nm of torque in a car that weighs 1000k (I removed the rear seats). Will take you for a drive and will start a thread with my mods soon for this car

Sounds good!
The only way to go lighter is really a Caterham, keep toying with idea of getting one, need to build a bigger garage to fit all the cars in. :D

Soldato
OP
"Hi,

Your topic 'OcUK HQ Motors Meet Take 3 - Cars, Computers & Cosplay - Sat' has been removed for the following reason:

We don't allow the unauthorised advertising of events on the forums.

Regards,
PistonHeads"

:confused:

Back
Top Bottom