OcUK Manchester Meet 4 - 20th August 2006

Man of Honour
Simon said:
You forgot the 0-100 ;)

A Leon is hardly a good handling car though from all accounts (never been in one though)

But in standard form, neither is the Rover.

Key here is that I'm no particular fan of either so can look at both objectively. The Rover is faster, but by so much that it LOL PWNS the Leon :p

Caporegime
killz4thrills said:
How many coupe turbos have you driven ?

I think I could guess the number.

Probably more than you if you think coupe turbo's handle well. I got fed up of my hatchback being tarnished with the same brush of the coupe turbos handling.

Soldato
killz4thrills said:
Its better than a Leon, that was my point.

At no part did I ever mention the coupe handling was "good".

My statements were mainly centered around the straight line speed.
No but you said that it would own it when a mere .5 or so is hardly a big thing is it. If that is the case OMG My car owns cruddy Rover Turbos into the broken headgaskets.

killz4thrills said:
Ive driven 1 and been a passenger in one.

Horrid experience.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Soldato
killz4thrills said:
Its better than a Leon, that was my point.

At no part did I ever mention the coupe handling was "good".

My statements were mainly centered around the straight line speed.

Ok enough stop spamming the MM4 thread if you want to debate it start a new thread,

Permabanned
[TW]Fox said:
An area where neither car is so much faster than the other that it would 'embarrass' it.

YAWN. Not in bed yet Fox?

This is getting pretty tedious now........

Seems like everyones an expert here, and willing to jump on anyone at the drop of a hat over a casual statement.

Kinda petty wouldnt you agree ?

Caporegime
L0rdMike said:
No but you said that it would own it when a mere .5 or so is hardly a big thing is it. If that is the case OMG My car owns cruddy Rover Turbos into the broken headgaskets.

Your Mr2 didnt pull away from my s2000 though?

Caporegime
killz4thrills said:
YAWN. Not in bed yet Fox?

This is getting pretty tedious now........

Seems like everyones an expert here, and willing to jump on anyone at the drop of a hat over a casual statement.

Kinda petty wouldnt you agree ?
What are you on about? Apart from making yourself look silly?

Permabanned
L0rdMike said:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

More rolleyes ? How adult.

0.5secs is a fair whack when you condsider the distance travelled at that speed in that time.

Soldato
For 800-1200 quid which is what most 220T hatches and coupes seem to go for, they are a fairly decent quick car, but not much more than that, the interior and other parts quite obviously slow their age, and things are wearing out now..

Permabanned
Berger said:
For 800-1200 quid which is what most 220T hatches and coupes seem to go for, they are a fairly decent quick car, but not much more than that, the interior and other parts quite obviously slow their age, and things are wearing out now..

Things wore out years ago !

I think they left the factory worn.

Back
Top Bottom