OcUK Musicians - What style do you play?

Soldato
As above, just interessted to see if theres any musicians similar to myself as there doesn't seem to be where I live :(.

I play older stuff like Cream and Hendrix. I play some Rage and some other heavier stuff. But I also play a lot of stuff just on my acoustic on my own.

What do all you guys play? style? instrument?

Cheers,
naffa

Man of Honour
penski said:
Where's Mr. Poole with his link when you need him?

*n

I've actually been out trying to help a band.
They've lost their singer and I've got to learn about 26 songs for the weekend and I've never sang most of them before.
I love a challenge.

Anyway, naffa hasn't made any claims yet saying he's better than so and so or slagging anybody off.
If he does then he will certainly get my wrath.

My style is old 70's rock and theres plenty of vids on my site.

Soldato
On my saxophone: Jazz all the way baby. And funk, soul and blues when needs arise.

Play in an orchestra on solo lead clarinet as well... which has been amusing at times, given I've only been playing the thing for 8 months!

Suspended
On the piano, I love playing jazz or blues. At least, I did - I haven't played for almost a year now. Also some good, old-fashioned rock and roll, Jerry Lee style. Except without the incest.

On my harmonica I play blues or what I can only describe as folk music with a kind of gipsy lilt. One of my friends got me to learn a Hungarian folk piece that was great fun to play, with loads of foot-stamping and a slowly increasing tempo, until it was a crazy mix of guitar, fiddle and harmonica at the end. That remains my favourite piece!

On the guitar I'll play anything - so long as it's easy enough. I'm rubbish. :p

Soldato
i dont play any more (dont know why, i was stupid to stop playing) but:

Trombone - Jazz/Swing and orchestralme and a friend at college tried starting a ska band but it never got offf the ground
Singing - Classical mainly, but sand for the jazz band i played for a couple of times.

Associate
Play a mixture of everything - little metallica, ratm, but ive also learnt the simpsons theme and classical gas aswell. I tend to just learn any songs that appeal to me regardless of style.

I want to learn more metal, but floating bridge makes tuning down hard so i dont bother.

Im a pro classical musician - play with orchestra's like Halle and Orchestra of Opera north... Have also played solo on some pop CDs!

Cool. What songs have you played on? See if i can hear you playing :D

Soldato
I'm a prog rock player. The band I was in (we just split, as it's time for exams and then university) was a rock band, playing our own songs.

I'd love to be in a band playing stuff like Spock's Beard, Transatlantic, Dream Theater, Porcupine Tree etc. Love the technicalality involved in prog rock drumming. And the obligatory strange time sigs :D

Soldato
for most of my playing life, i have been playing malmsteen, Vai, Satch, Gilbert, Van Halen, that kind of stuff, and as i got older i started getting into more easy playing funk rock, but with technique, Bettencourt for example.

but now i am getting "older", older ... i am playing an acoustic tuned to DADGAD, and messing about with Jimmy Page and Richard Thompson acoustic stuff ..

Back
Top Bottom