OcUK needs you @ Rosetta@Home

Associate
I've rebooted the client and the machine a few times yet they're still producing compute errors all over the shop. Going to drain the WU cache and completely remove the client and relocate it to the mechanical HDD.

For god knows what reason it's taking 11GB on my Laptop. Good job I opted for a 256GB SSD in there!

Associate
I've noticed that Rosetta WU's have quite a large RAM usage, something like 500MB per instance. Any chance this is exceeding the RAM available and thrashing your swap file?

Might very well be on the laptop. Just checked it out and it is running at 95% usage with 8GB of RAM in there. Fortunately the pagefile is at the beginning of the mechanical HDD on the laptop.

The desktop is running 40% RAM used, but that's with a 4GB VM running and 24GB of RAM :o

EDIT: Just rebooted the laptop and disabled it leaving suspended tasks in the memory, that brings it down to 46% used.

Last edited:
Associate
My 2nd rig is only ever holding 8 WUs now (crunching 3 at a time) and this is worrying the missus as sometimes they take forever to begin uploading and she doesn't wanna run outa WUs.

Where can I extend the amount I hold?

Man of Honour
Go to the rosetta web site and go into your account and set the computing prefs to the following setting:

Maintain enough work for an additional
Enforced by version 5.10+

Associate
Giving it all i got, still a few Seti WU's clearing out but RAC is going up at a reasonable rate.

Actually, looks like i'm top of the pile.. cool

Man of Honour
Looks like its our RAC thats dropped more than theirs has risen, and its really only them, the other teams are 6 months to a year away :p

chart_uk_rosetta_compare_rac_teams_431;5949.gif

Back
Top Bottom