OcUK Photo Comp - Season Eight : Round Ten - "Energy" DISCUSSION

Soldato
The theme sounded good apon first read, but all month i have been struggling and still cant think of anything better to do.

Although mostly this is down to my lack of imagination and skill :( :p

Soldato
^^^^ agreeing with phate here

Although mostly this is down to my lack of imagination and skill :( :p

lies

:D

I want to use a natural energy, either wind, water or fire....

Or a dangerous combination of all 3...hmm....

please tell me whats more natural than a fart ?

ouuu an interesting one....i have a few ideas... may actually enter this one :D

Last edited:
crw_6214m.jpg

Royd Moor Wind Farm

Love that place. Need to go back there.

Soldato
Saw this competition and thought I had an idea so I'd have a go. Predictably my "idea" didn't turn out anything like what I had imagined. After an hour trying to get a pic of a powerball I gave up as my wrist just couldn't take any more! Ho hum.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw this competition and thought I had an idea so I'd have a go. Predictably my "idea" didn't turn out anything like what I had imagined. After an hour trying to get a pic of a powerball I gave up as my wrist just couldn't take any more! Ho hum.

OMFG! I took a pic of a powerball as well :D. Mine didn't turn out anywhere near as good as yours though. Nice job.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

Associate
Quick question, if i post some pictures up for C&C i know that if judges comment on them then they cannot be entered into the competition. What happens if the subject doesnt change but the composure does, IE the shot i posted for C&C was shot at night time and then i submitted the same subject just at day time?

Soldato
OMFG! I took a pic of a powerball as well :D. Mine didn't turn out anywhere near as good as yours though. Nice job.

Back to the drawing board I guess.

It seemed like a good idea at the time, even tried both hands for a steady shot at one point! I was "that" close to employing a g-clamp! Still can't beat 11190 rpm either...

Freaky pic!:
PowerBall_9.jpg

olv

olv

Soldato
Yeah they really are dominating structures which are so much more powerful than you think. I was stood directly under ones blade shooting up and I had to say it was really daunting. The noise was really something.

*WOOSH* *WOOSH* *WOOSH* *WOOSH* *WOOSH*

I loved it :D

Soldato
Quick question, if i post some pictures up for C&C i know that if judges comment on them then they cannot be entered into the competition. What happens if the subject doesnt change but the composure does, IE the shot i posted for C&C was shot at night time and then i submitted the same subject just at day time?

providing the judges dont make a comment on your photos then you can enter anything you wish. or so I'm led to believe anyway so regardless of changing subject matter, or tweaking an original subject so long as it hasn't been commented on by 'the powers that be' then you'll be ok :)

Back
Top Bottom