1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OcUK Photo Comp - Season Nine : Round Eleven - "Community" DISCUSSION

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by ichabod crane, 1 Nov 2010.

1. Rojin

Soldato

Our local Parish Council one is on the 13th, problem is we can see it from our door step (we're actually closer to the fireworks than the spectators) so getting the wife to make an effort and get down to where the people are will be difficult! :D

2. UberTiger

Mobster

I think twoblacklines' example pic is brilliant and certainly conformes to some definitions of the word.

The common theme is they live in the same geographical location. So just living in that area together leads me to believe you can be part of a certain community even though you may not necessarily interact with all of the members. Alternatively the theme could be as below...

If you belong to a particular religious order for example, you are a member of that community even though you may not know everyone else in it.

Looking at wikipedia it mentions there were 94 discrete definitions by the mid-50's so it's certainly open to a lot of interpretation!

3. Mud

Mobster

Looks like a lynching Gaffer! A tad wicker man :o

4. Derek W

Capodecina

She's a witch, burn her! :eek:

5. Rojin

Soldato

There has to be a pitch fork in there somewhere. I haven't found it yet though! :)

6. 86JR

PermaBanned

Looks like a scene from the vampire diaries, lol

7. Gaffer

Wise Guy

There is nothing like a good lynching for bringing the community together :)

Andrew

8. PaulStat

Soldato

Well at the moment everyone is guaranteed a podium position :p

Can't see me getting anything for this tbh, not much time left in the month and I still have no ideas.

9. Rojin

Soldato

lol :D

I'll be changing mine hopefully. I liked the idea of it but the shot was wiped by sun glare and it also didn't quite come out as I imagined, ho hum.

10. Columbo

Sgarrista

25th & only 3 entries? Seems I'm not the only one struggling.

Really wanted to enter this months comp but I have zero ideas.

Went to the local town Xmas lights turn on last in the hope that I would get a suitable shot but alas nothing...:confused:

11. UberTiger

Mobster

Yeah, I went to a friends bonfire night last weekend to try and get some pics but got lost in the countryside with no phone battery. Ended up in the middle of no where walking through a random farmers field and rather scary forest following the distant explosion of fireworks in the hope that it might have been my friends house. Turns out it was, but I left my camera in the car which was parked in a ditch at the side of the road :(

12. mangobreeder

Mobster

when is the yellow results coming out?

13. Rojin

Soldato

I really don't know when I am going to get time to get another shot done, especially with the weather not looking too clever this weekend :(

14. Derek W

Capodecina

should be the next couple of days I would think.

15. Mr Jones

Capodecina

Bring on Monday, hopefully I get the shot I want for this month theme!

16. Mud

Mobster

Think I may be stuffed for this year, struggling this month and tomorrow I'm off to China for a month...

17. lucklessloser

Gangster

Phew, i'm glad i'm not the only one struggling........I've finally got an idea but its going to have to be a slightly different slant on the theme from me, which probably won't work but I'll give it a go! :eek:

18. Mud

Mobster

Entered a 'community' of 4 swans. Yeah :|

19. sketch145

Hitman

Great entry greedy123! :)

20. Kadafi

Gangster

I was thinkin that some of the recent protests would be a great opportunity for this months theme. Sketch's is a nice photo, I know the guy is probably shouting some sort of meaningful chant, but I cant help thinking he's just having a big yawn.

Greedy's looks the part!

I'll have to start getting involved in these comps.