OcUK Photo Comp - Season Nine : Round Six - "Complex" DISCUSSION

Associate
I have run into an unexpected problem with this one. Having got my pic and escaped arrest (you'll know why when you see it) I now can't find somewhere to host the image, as my free Flickr account just doesn't give me enough resolution for it to work.

So, does anyone know where I can host a pic that is approx 2500x10000 pixels?

Soldato
Temporary entry in.

May adjust it so you can see the cards on the table, or just may change it altogether.

My main idea wasn't going to work for me but i'll happily pass it on to someone else.

Was going to try my hand at Inferiority Complex but i'm just too superior to do it :p ;)

Permabanned
I have run into an unexpected problem with this one. Having got my pic and escaped arrest (you'll know why when you see it) I now can't find somewhere to host the image, as my free Flickr account just doesn't give me enough resolution for it to work.

http://thesmileyone.co.uk/upload.php

i wont delete it for over a year, and just delete the numericals out of the resize box and it wont resize.

Edit: really 10k pixels ? i can change the script if it suits you, if its a typo it wont matter.

Soldato

Windows live gives you 25gb of free storage space. That's what I use if I need to host a large picture.

Permabanned
I have changed my entry, it might be needed to press CTRL F5 to see it as it has the same name as the old hosted one. Appears either the lens or my camera mirror is dirty, but you have to love content aware for getting rid of them :D

Associate
I have changed my entry, it might be needed to press CTRL F5 to see it as it has the same name as the old hosted one. Appears either the lens or my camera mirror is dirty, but you have to love content aware for getting rid of them :D

Dirt on the lens doesn't show up in shots unless it's mahoosive dust!! The dirt on the mirror won't be seen through the viewfinder or the final image (it's moved out of the way for actually shooting (it moves, then the shutter opens, then shutter closes, mirror goes down... the noise you hear is 95% mirror 5% shutter. The mirror doesn't get any faster once you hit about 1/100th... ish). Dust in the viewfinder is on the focussing screen.

The dirt will be on the sensor. This is pretty easy to get rid of. Just rocket blow. If you ahve stubborn stuff then I'd reccomend taking it into your local shop and getting a proper clean.

Hope that helps you sort that one out dude!!

Associate
A lot of the noise is the diaphragm stopping down. Hit the DOF preview button and you'll see what I mean!

The aperture blades shouldn't make much noise at all!! (At least none of my lenses do make that much noise when compared to the mirror and shutter!!!)

Soldato
Got my entry in.
Nothing more 'Complex' like a Shopping Complex :D

Not my first idea, that will have to be executed on another occasion - it's work work work all the way for £ £ £ if I really want to upgrade more lenses.

Back
Top Bottom